+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Asus RMA USA (Horrible Experience)

ROG Enthusiast Vantharas84 +10

First off. They did not give me anywhere *close* to a brand new laptop. A refurbished unit with a 6 month warranty is no where close to brand new. If you think I should be happy getting a 6 month warrenty on a laptop that has a GPU that has failed every 10 months on me without fail. Is ok? It is not, because I am not going to pay asus 350$ to replace my GPU when it fails 4 months after the warrenty has faded. When I Paid for a 1200$ laptop that is suppose to be "quality". When it is clearly not.

If Asus hadn't of sent me back a laptop with Sheered mounting points over the GPU. Their never would have been an issue. Had they of not removed my customer support sticker. Their never would have been an issue. Had they not of tried to pull a curtain over MY EYES. And send me back a laptop that was grossly and negligently damaged by their RMA department. None of this would be like it is now. I'm sorry that you obviously think it is ok for a multi billion dollar company to send laptops back that have been damaged by there RMA department and think nothing of it. Not to mention having been lied to by their customer support people.

I have *EVERY* right to not "settle".

ROG Guru: Gold Belt dstrakele +75 dstrakele's Avatar

So you want a brand new laptop then, and an apology? That doesn't sound that unreasonable. It was just unclear, being different from what you previously posted.

Complete this sentence:
    To resolve this case to my satisfaction, I want [blank].

Then ASUS can either give you what you want or negotiate to some mutually satisfactory resolution.
    Last edited by dstrakele; 05-09-2012 at 10:33 PM.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Enthusiast lilysintrigue +10

I read your post, and I understand your frustration, but like I said before you need to take this up with Asus, and if your not happy with the outcome, then get yourself a lawyer if you don't think they are going to resolve this to your liking.. Just trying to help, and such Hope you do get this resolved.. But, like I said before I just got my laptop back after having been gone for a whole month.. I sent it in, had it 3 hours, sent it back, got it back had it 6 hours, sent it back again.. And finally just got it back today.. so I know how mad/frustrated you are.. Try to pm Mason again, he's been testing out new hardware for a launch super busy guy.. but extremely understanding! I'm sure he won't get upset if you message him twice

Platinum Guru ROG chrsplmr +200 chrsplmr +200 chrsplmr +200 chrsplmr's Avatar

PM Mason ... this could of been resolved.
    What do you think you are owed ?

lilysintrigue+ ... [[Not even if you PM him the first time.]]
    I dont think he is capable of anger. It just never occurs to him.

Simply do as dstrakele suggests ... politely to Mason ...
    Although I absolutely assure You this has been seen, PM MarshallR@Asus (HQ)
    (Politely) So he can further bring HQ to speed and impress upon them
    the urgency of resolving these types of issues .. he knows .. but this
    helps reaffirm his postion ... ect...

There are no liars or those 'trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes'..
    [[Granted - We ALL know supports issues.]]
    All 'here' sincerely work toward excellence .. hence the birth of the G55/G75's ..
    An apology ? From who ? This forum is the apology.
    This is where 'we' get together on the same page and get it done. Trust that.
    Just hang in there friend.
    and Please, No more Asus bashing .. in that, you are just mistaken.
    How long was the original warranty of the G51JX ?
    I count 20 months + 10 you expect the next unit will do .. thats 30 Months.
    Think positive, the next one might run 5 years ... and be obsolete.
    [[PM Mason Today !!! ]].c.

(Although I do agree an apology was due Aaron L. -- in my humble opinion.)
    Last edited by chrsplmr; 05-10-2012 at 08:31 PM.

Well After finally just saying screw it since I can't get anyone to return calls. Or any supervisors or any like actually doing anything. I finally opened the box I got today with this "refurbished" laptop that showed up at my door steps.. It booted up... I tinkered.. I rebooted it, set the speaker volume to 8... let it idle in windows for a bit while I was helping the kids... came back in... No video... restarted it.. No video.. Shut it off entirely.. Turned it on.. Everything works... except there is no video anymore...

Its the same laptop I sent in for repairs... I can tell because.. The customer service sticker has been removed. It has the exact same dead pixels on the screen. The stickers that had been almost peeled away entirely have been glued down (with to much glue might I add.. Its all over the back of the laptop sticker area heh I can pick it off lol.. at least I can do something with my laptop!)

What am I suppose to do? Seriously. What.. No one who can do anything will call me. I can't ever get any supervisors on the phone. Aaron Lin said his supervisor was suppose to call me on the 11th. A call which never came. Wow... So even after me giving up.. I can't because the laptop still doesn't work. Wow.
    Last edited by Vantharas84; 05-20-2012 at 10:36 PM.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt dstrakele +75 dstrakele's Avatar

That is awful! No excuse! Words fail me!
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Yea I don't even know what to say or do anymore. No one I've spoken to at Asus seems to care. Or want to fix the issue.. I just don't get it. I told Aaron Lin to not send this laptop back to me. I told him I didn't want it, and I wanted him to offer me a replacement model like he said he was going to...

Last week I actually got a replacement model offer(On the 14). For a G53.... But they asked me for 400$ to make it happen. Me and Aaron never discussed price. He never told me it would cost me anything. 400$ is such a slap in the face especially now. Considering this "refurbished" laptop lasted 15min. (And I no one ever told me it cost me anything.....)
    Last edited by Vantharas84; 05-20-2012 at 10:49 PM.

ROG Guru: Black Belt BrodyBoy +20

Wow.....if I had been teetering on a decision about whether to ever buy Asus again, I think this tips the scales. They actually sent you your own laptop as a "refurbished " unit? That's beyond unbelievable....it's just vile.

Helium Chilled MarshallR@ASUS +75 MarshallR@ASUS's Avatar

You've PM'd Mason - has he or anyone from the US office here replied? If not I will send out some emails (from HQ) to try to see what's going on.
    Richard Swinburne
    ROG HQ
    Innovate. Never Imitate.

When I get reeeally sad about missing someone far away, I just take a deep cleansing breath, then switch to the rifle with a scope.

Quote Originally Posted by BrodyBoy View Post
    Wow.....if I had been teetering on a decision about whether to ever buy Asus again, I think this tips the scales. They actually sent you your own laptop as a "refurbished " unit? That's beyond unbelievable....it's just vile.
    Well Aaron Lin is the one who mailed it back to me. He knew what he was doing. Instead of saying "All i can do is offer you a same model replacement" what he should have said is "All I can do is fixed your laptop that we grossly and negligently damaged and send it back, If I said refurbished that was an accident". Whats even worse is I can't inspect the laptop to actually see whats wrong because with this "6 month extended" warranty they put "warranty void if removed" stickers over the screws. ( I mean if the display worked for me for 15 or so min.. something must have come loose somewhere for the laptop to be booting correctly ect.. just no display)

But yes its my exact same laptop.

Right now I'm about red with hatred for this individual. I mean when that laptop model offer came through I thought "Finally he came through on what he said". But instead it was "here is the model offer pay us 400$". And I would be a fool to give them another 400$ for a laptop that is 7% faster. And clearly Aaron thinks I am if he thought I would ever pay that. I mean a G53 with a 460M. a 3 generation old video card and they want 400$... He's just trying to steal my money at this point. Imho at least.(not to mention the fact that he never said in 4 weeks of conversation that it would ever cost me any money.)

*edit after checking my emails "Status update: I would like to offer you with a same model replacement unit along with an extra 6-months warranty extension as well for your inconveniences"

I suppose this doesn't specifically state "refurbished" although that is what he told me... But I'm sure he didn't add that to the RMA number. And thus just sent me back the same one.
    Last edited by Vantharas84; 05-21-2012 at 02:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast