cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus RMA USA (Horrible Experience)

Vantharas84
Level 7
3 Days ago I received my Asus G51JX back from RMA... I decided to install my memory back in it today as I finally got some spare time.

Upon removing my laptops back cover. I heard a faint rattle sound whenever I moved my laptop around. After some inspection... I noticed it was coming from the GPU Cover.. When I inspected that cover (since they "replaced" my VGA Card) I saw that the entire mounting point was literally sheered off from the case or PCB of the motherboard. It gets better.. I went to call customer support.. and the tag for Asus Customer support had been REMOVED from the back of my laptop. (I know it was there when I sent it in last time because its where I looked at.... so its been purposefully removed)

At this point... As a consumer and purchaser of a 1300$ laptop that has been in for RMA 3 times twice because of a failed GPU. And now just plain sheer negligence of the repair person who did this last repair. What would your thoughts be? A 1300$ paper weight is expensive.

I've bought 6 Asus motherboards (Love them) and 1 Asus GPU (still waiting to buy a new one till I decide what i want). But when It comes to laptops I feel like I've been handed a lemon. And a blatent slap in the face by the RMA department. More specifically the person representing Asus who did the repairs and thought it would be a "great" idea to send a laptop back with sheered mounting points. I mean he replaced the GPU for heavens sakes. He KNEW the mounting point was sheered off.

To make things worse my Warranty is up in 7 days. Anyone know who I need to ask to speak to. Who can make this right?
61 REPLIES 61

dstrakele
Level 14
Give a PM to Mason@ASUS on this forum. He is the "Tech Support of Last Resort" for sticky RMA issues.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

Done, I don't have alot of time left so hopefully he or someone else will say something soonish. I got off the line with Asus customer support and they asked me to send in the photos I took.

I love Asus products - but I had a NIC die on my motherboard and was calling in to get an RMA and they kept hanging up on me. I called from two different phones thinking it may have been my device and same thing. New person everytime I got through - I felt it was almost a joke for them.

A lot of people complain about Asus support, good thing their products are good or I would never buy anything from them again.

Well the only issue for me is the blantent removal of the customer support sticker off the back of my laptop which just cries foul. I've inspected the other stickers on the back of the laptop and they've been raised as well.. both raised in the same corner at that... Someone was messing with my laptop in what appears to be a malicous way...

I've come to two conclusions at this point.

A. When it was sent in for repair for the GPU the first time. The employee over tightened the screw. So on the second RMA when the employee removed the screw it sheered off from the PCB on the board.

I don't think A is what happened due to the removal of my customer support sticker on the back and my windows CD key sticker and model number stickers being raised as well.

B. Employee B on the second GPU replacement over tightened and sheered it off himself. Determined for it to not come back and bite him, he started removing stickers. Starting with the customer support sticker but from the looks decided my windows key sticker and model number stickers were to hard to get off in one piece.

I am really beyond disappointed by whomever was working on my laptop. Since my incident is isolated due to the malicious intent of the employee... I hope Asus steps up and offers to replace my now permanently damaged machine with either a refund or the next model up. I'm hoping for next model up due to the fact that this laptops GPU has failed twice in two years... Twice... It has dead pixels on the screen due to improper packaging from the first RMA. Either or.

Im not really blaming Asus as a whole and should make a point in this post to blame the employee. As its his/her fault that they did what they did and tried to cover it up.

Finally got in touch with Asus Corperate USA with a guy named Aaron who gave me his phone number and Email.... We spoke about the pictures friday and he asked me to call him monday... So we shall see how this pans out.

jtlightner wrote:
....A lot of people complain about Asus support, good thing their products are good or I would never buy anything from them again.....

Well said ... and agreed. From what i understand they are currently 'upgrading' those issues as well .. change in contracting or
whatnot ... if they dont have the same passion for this equipment as we do .. they need a different job.

Did you hear anything back from Mason OP ?

chrsplmr wrote:
Well said ... and agreed. From what i understand they are currently 'upgrading' those issues as well .. change in contracting or
whatnot ... if they dont have the same passion for this equipment as we do .. they need a different job.

Did you hear anything back from Mason OP ?

He never contacted me. I'm actually on the phone with customer support... On hold.

*Edit* Apprently all they are going to do is send me a refurbished unit. And With the quality of these G51JX's I am sure the GPU is going to burn up and fail in less then a year seeing as how my unit has gone through two in less then two years.

In two Years, a failed HDD, Failed Fans twice, Failed GPU Twice, Asus RMA department improperly packinging and shipping my laptop once.(I had 7 dead pixels when I recieved my laptop back from them and they made me pay to ship the laptop back to them the first time the GPU failed) And now this slap in the face. I'll never buy another Asus product again. If they want to replace crap with even more crap. Fine. I just won't buy anything from them ever again.

And out of these two years Asus RMA has had my laptop going on 7ish weeks now seeing as how I was shipped back a useless unit.

Aaron Lin @ Asus US was the one who is making this right. From the sounds of things.

After calling back and making my issue known... They have changed there decision to," send in the laptop and we will give a you a list of models to choose from for RMA replacement".... This.. may yet end in good measures. If it does end well the post will be updated to reflect that. And might continue buying there products.

Aaron Lin @ Asus is a Liar. After saying he would give me a list of models to choose from. He told me he cannot do anything and all he can do is fix my grossly and negligently broken laptop which the damage was done by the RMA department. Or offer me a Refurbished one.

So after he spoke to me on the phone and lied to me I called back, spoke to somone else who asked me how I felt about the "resolution". Which I told him exactly what Aaron told me. Aaron is a liar, plain and simple. Asus RMA department is obviously not up to any sort of real customer service.

Asus has had my laptop since the 25th of april. I do not have a laptop. I am still waiting on someone from there corperate office to "contact" me I have been trying to get in touch with someone all day long.

Come monday I am filing a complaint with the BBB.This is beyond pathetic customer service at this point. I'm sick and tired of being ignored, And being lied to. By Aaron lin and the people at Asus.

If it really don't work out and you can't get any reasonable resolution, go to your local courthouse and file a small claims cases against them in small claims court. I have gotten great response from manufacturers using this method. I am a quality engineer by profession and understand customer relationships quite well. Just last week after receiving my motherboard back from Asus with the same issues I sent it in for I got the run around like nobody's business. After a few phone calls I got in touch with a lady who was very professional who facilitated an Advanced RMA. This occurred last Wednesday and I got a response from them on Friday that they got my pre-payment information and when the replacement board arrives I can mail it back to Asus. Asus is a behemoth of a company where it appears bottom line and cost control culture has trumped customer service. It is hit and miss with a lot of companies but with the resources Asus has at their disposal it would seem they would be timely with repairs and communicate every step of the way. The best company I have ever dealt with for returns in Bose. I bought an AM5 speaker system 22 years ago while serving in the Navy in Japan. I called and told them after my 2 year old daughter placed something in the subwoofer and now it is no longer works and told them I wanted to get pricing on having them repaired. I passed along the serial number and she was able to confirm the actual place the speaker system was purchased. She then thanked me for my service and reminded me that the Bose product I purchased has a lifetime warranty. She mailed me a UPS label I packaged the speakers and returned them to the factory. Eleven days later they returned to my doorstep repaired and fully functional and they even included brand new speaker wiring. I called her back to thank her for the service and remember asking her what allowed them to maintain such a high level of customer service. She then stated that Bose understands sound and how to build good speaker systems. But the real clincher was " Oh yeah, Bose is still a private company." The link below lets us know the remain to stay that way.

http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2013-07-15/news/40570461_1_bose-corporation-bose-wave-d...