cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crossfire question

LAs3R
Level 7
Hi,
i would like to know if it's possible to run a crossfire using the top PCI express port and the bottom one, i plan to buy a sound card which uses the PCI port (Xonar essence ST), so in that case the PCI express port just above cannot be used.

Thank you !
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
Could you tell me what motherboard you are using please?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Ah sorry, it's the sabertooth 990fx.

Thank you !

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK you will be able to do so, however I have a question.

Why are you not using slot 1 the top grey one and the next black one down? That gives you enough space for the PCI sound card.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thank you for your reply !

Actually if i use the second PCI-X 16 (the black one), it will block the PCI-X that is below, and i also need it for my RAID card 🙂

Have a nice afternoon.

HiVizMan
Level 40
LOL ah the did not know about the RAID card. Um that configuration I have not tested. But I do not expect there to be problems.

Enjoy and thank you.

Hello,
sorry to bother you again, but do you know where i can find a (very) long crossfire bridge ? I have a 9cm one but it seems to be a bit short to connect the cards.

Thank you !

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah that is a problem as far as I know 10cm is the longest. Or at least that is the longest I have seen.

You might have to re-arrange some of the other cards, maybe move the top card down and put the raid and sound card at the top?

Gonna be difficult,
i think i will just go for the Xonar STX sound card in that case, will be easier for me since it's a PCI-X card.

Thank you for you fast answers 🙂