cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eyefinity

Spoony
Level 7
question for you guys n girls.

anybody know of a 5 or 6 display eyefinity card out right now ? or maybe one thats being sorted for realise

i have 3 x 6970's and i cant get more than 3 monitors running at the same time. tried all sorts of combo's but nothing i try works.

idea's ?

thanks guys n girls for reading and helping when you do 🙂

31 REPLIES 31

stitch
Level 9
In order to use Eyefinity, the card must have 6 outputs that can work simultaneously. E.g. Some 7970s from MSI or ASUS or a 6970 with the appropriate ports. For example, the 7970s that support 6 without a special box require you to use either 4 Mini or full-size DisplayPort connections (Either monitors equipped with DisplayPort or Active DisplayPort to DVI adapters-which will vary in cost depending on whether you need single-link or dual-link connections) and two DVI connections (Single-link only).

So for 6 DVI monitors, they must all be single-link (max 1920x1080 resolution), hook two up to the two DVI ports and hook the remainder via Active DisplayPort to single-link DVI adapters.

Make sense?
Windows 11 Pro | ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6400 | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4070 TI

Spoony
Level 7
i have the follwing
2 displayport monitors
3 DVI monitors well 1 has HDMI aswell.

i have 2 set up with DP mini to large DP
2 setup on DVI / DVI
1 setup on HDMI

the cards i have are Sapphire 6970;s they all have 5 ports on them 2 mini dp, 1 HDMI, 2 DVI

the monitors are all 1920x1200 but one is 1920x1080 which is the HDMI monitor. what ever combo i set up only 3 will activate and i cant get the other 2 sorted n when i ask it to extend to the 4th monitor is says i must deactive 1 of the others to active this one.
since driver 11.10 i think it is its been able to have 5 monitors where as before it was only 1,2,3,4,6, now they support 5 so all should be good.

cant think as to what im doing wrong :S im either missing something or my cards wont hack it which i cant think why they wouldnt be able too. my Asus Ares didnt have any issues with what ever i hooked up to it

Spoony
Level 7
oh and on a side note

please dear god STOP changing the sizes of the Displayport on the GPU.

stay mini or large either or but stay with 1 or the other

stitch
Level 9
DisplayPort size is determined by the manufacturer... Whatever the engineer decides is what they go with XD There was one 5970 or 5990 that had 6 Mini DisplayPort ports on it... That was a beast.

You cannot run HDMI and 2 DVI on one card. The HDMI always will share a TMDS transmitter with a DVI and so one or the other will work. That'd be why the HDMI doesn't work. Do you have an additional Mini DisplayPort available? If so, you can pick up an Active Mini DisplayPort to Single-Link DVI or HDMI adapter for that last monitor.
Windows 11 Pro | ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI | AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6400 | ASUS ROG STRIX GeForce RTX 4070 TI

does it still counts as HDMI to the card if the output is DVI or DP ?

but the monitor end is HDMI ?

for some reason my 6 monitor setup is not working properly http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?13186-Need-help-to-power-6x-VS247H-P-with-2x-EAH6970-DCII-2...
i7-3970X, Corsair H80, 32GB G.SKILL, ASUS RAMPAGE4 Formula, ASUS VG278H(3x27") & 3D Vision2, EVGA GTX 690(2x) 5760×1080*3D, OCZ ZX 1250W, OCZ 256GB Vertex4(2x), Seagate 3TB(6x), Antec LanBoyAir, Logitech G510, G600 & Z560 THX, Sennheiser PC163D, TrackIR5, Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas, Saitek PZ35

Spoony
Level 7
i have 3 screens working fine, whatever combo you think of it works no probs.

i have 2 displayport monitors dunning on displayport cables from mini to normal, and the 3rd monitor right now is on HDMI,

i will disable the HDMI later and turn on the 2 DVI monitors and see what i can do about getting 4 running that way but i think i already tried that m it wouldnt have more than 3, ive also swapped cards around to see if its a card fault but all are same

stitch
Level 9
Which exact model of card do you have? When you have two DVI monitors connected, does it disable the HDMI OR 1 of the DisplayPort ports?

stitch
Level 9
If your card has an HDMI port AND one or two DVI ports, One DVI port will always share a TMDS with the HDMI port. If you're using a DVI to HDMI adapter, that changes things. If you're using a DP to HDMI, then to avoid issue you would want to make sure it is an Active adapter.

btw i WILL be getting a 7970 card but will be ina few months after i move countries from Switzerland back to the good old UK