cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Black Screen comes back again even with driver 296.16 installed

RobinJack
Level 7
Can advise me what is the proiblem now since 296.16 is installed.
7 REPLIES 7

dstrakele
Level 14
From what I've seen in this forum, booting to a black screen is not a driver issue. It can be caused by :

1) a faulty video adapter

2) a faulty LVDS cable connection to the motherboard or faulty LVDS cable

3) wrong boot device (such as an attached USB drive or cell phone)

4) a faulty display

5) poorly seated RAM chips, bad RAM, faulty RAM slot

6) bad power supply

7) some other strange electrical problem.

Sometiimes, this issue may be temporarily resolved by rebooting multiple times, manipulating or pressing on the laptop, changing the boot device in the BIOS, or disconnecting the offending peripheral device.

Another temporary solution is to unplug the laptop, remove the battery and any connected peripheral devices (including any memory cards in the card reader, hold down the Power On Button for 30 seconds, then plug in the power adapter and start the system.

Some have resolved the issue by reseating memory chips and HDD's, or disassembling and reassembling their laptops, presumably correcting the bad connection or electrical short.

The most interesting solution I 've read about was where a guy could display video on his laptop screen by touching a section of exposed LVDS cable with one hand and touching a metal radiator in the room with the other.

But I haven't read of a case where video driver installation permanently resolved a "boot to black screen" issue.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

dstrakele wrote:
From what I've seen in this forum, booting to a black screen is not a driver issue. It can be caused by :
1) a faulty video adapter

2) a faulty LVDS cable connection to the motherboard or faulty LVDS cable

3) wrong boot device (such as an attached USB drive or cell phone

4) a faulty display

5) some other strange electrical problem.

Sometiimes, this issue may be temporarily resolved by rebooting multiple times, manipulating or pressing on the laptop, changing the boot device in the BIOS, or disconnecting the offending peripheral.

Another temporary solution is to unplug the laptop, remove the battery and any connected peripheral devices (including any memory cards in the card reader, hold down the Power On Button for 30 seconds, then plug in the power adapter and start the system.

Some have resolved the issue by disassembling and reassembling their laptops, presumably correcting the bad connection or electrical short.

But I haven't read of a case where video driver installation permanently resolved a "boot to black screen" issue.

bro u mean the laptop is not 100% functioning but instead some parts are defective?

Now its ok again after I uninstall Norton Antivirus, btw initially when I update the driver to 296.16 its ok until this morning the black screen issue arises again.

dstrakele
Level 14
I can't eliminate the possibility of a software problem as the cause, but the simple act of rebooting the system after uninstalling a program or driver may be enough to temporarily fix the problem.

dstrakele wrote:
I can't eliminate the possibility of a software problem as the cause, but the simple act of rebooting the system after uninstalling a program or driver may be enough to temporarily fix the problem.

so that being said, my laptop has some defects?

dstrakele
Level 14
I may be assuming too much - Is your issue a) you boot into a black screen, or b) you get a black screen while using your laptop?

My previous replies assume you boot into a black screen.

fuzon1337
Level 10
Have you tried to use nvidia 285.62 WHQL?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205