cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asus g72gx live update wont update

Retired
Not applicable
i see live update come up alot trying to update the bios i think but the error message says failed to log on to ftp server or something like that. please help me if you can thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

Retired
Not applicable
Scott, a better way to keep up to date is to remove live update software and just go directly to their site:
http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us

There is also an FTP site
ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/

Hope this helps, Josea

Retired
Not applicable
Once you download the updated BIOS file, how do you flash it? I'm so confused on that part.

Retired
Not applicable
use asus live update and update the bios manually. you'll have to get this from the support site under the g72gx and under utilities. typically when it tried to update automatically there are some weird server issues, so manual is the best way.

Retired
Not applicable
Brian@ASUS wrote:
use asus live update and update the bios manually. you'll have to get this from the support site under the g72gx and under utilities. typically when it tried to update automatically there are some weird server issues, so manual is the best way.

How do you manually update with Asus Live update? I see no option to do so.

Retired
Not applicable
I'm trying to update the BIOS with EZ Flash 2 but I keep getting the message "Boot block in file is not valid." Don't know what to do from here...

Chastity
Level 10
Well, let's make sure you are using the right file:

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/G72GX-ASUS-0602.zip

Inside the zip is a file "G72GX-ASUS-0602.ROM" copy this to a USB stick formatted for either FAT or FAT32 (very important) DO NOT USE NTFS Then load the usb into a port, and reboot and hit F2 to enter BIOS. Find the EZ Flash util, and point it to this file. If it reports an error, do not force it. If all is well, shutdown, reboot, and hit F2 and reset the BIOS to defaults to prevent CMOS corruption.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]