cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus vg278h 3D Monitor prob

RoG1
Level 7
Hai guys;)

So i've bought htis monitor end last year & offcourse i'm verry happy with it, but from thene, i'm having a "small" issue with it.To make things clear, the monitor gives random "no dvi signal" & gives me black screen after that:(Most of the time, i must reset my pc & sometimes he boots up again, saying that w7 wasn't shut off properly etc... But most of the time i did not recieve the "boot biep" & i must set the whole pc off (holding power button) to do a fresh restart, sometimes even thene he will not boot & by resetting "again" he loads up w7 again:confused: So i'm not sure what this can be, all drivers are up to date (incl w7) & all is attached well, he also does this sometimes whene i wanted to connect "another" usb device, but i don't understand what that has to do with it though:confused: If some tech here will have some explanation, i'm happy to here it!

Specs:

Monitor: asus vg278h 3D Monitor
Cpu: Amd2 x6 1090T Black Edition
Mobo: asus crosshair formula IV extreme
Ram: 8GB corsair 1333Mhz
Gpu:MARS 2
HD: Seagate 500 GB (w7) WD 1TB (data)
Case: Colossos (bitfenix)

Thnx
10 REPLIES 10

xeromist
Have you tried with another monitor and had the same problem? This sounds like it might be a problem with the computer, not monitor.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Have you tried with another monitor and had the same problem? This sounds like it might be a problem with the computer, not monitor.

Well frome what i'm aware off, i didn't had this prob with my old gpu card (matrix5870hd) en lg monitor! I re-used them to build up the old pc...Ok was thinking that to that it couldn't be the monitor, but also whene he boots, it takes 2 sec before he gives me some boot info, witch i always pass the bootlogo! Only whene restarting i see the boot logo, what i'm saying is that he must search for the dvi signal 2sec each time! Is this normal or....:confused: I don't have the prob while under full load like gaming etc...& i can't find any updated drivers for the monitor:( So if you thinkings software, i'm happy to hear it, beceause i think it isn't hardware fore sure!

xeromist
Yes that is normal to not see the boot logo. It takes a few seconds to come out of standby mode. If you need to see the post then I would either use Pause to stop posting or use the input button to cycle through and make sure that it is not in standby when you turn the PC on.

As to your problem, without any error information it is going to be hard to pin down. You could always check the Windows Event Log Viewer but if you are going to do that I would wait a few minutes after the black screen before restarting. The process of restarting puts a lot of entries in the log so the timestamps can be confusing if you restart immediately after a problem. But honestly I would try a TV or another monitor if you possibly can. That would be the easiest way to eliminate or confirm the source of the problem.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
Yes that is normal to not see the boot logo. It takes a few seconds to come out of standby mode. If you need to see the post then I would either use Pause to stop posting or use the input button to cycle through and make sure that it is not in standby when you turn the PC on.

As to your problem, without any error information it is going to be hard to pin down. You could always check the Windows Event Log Viewer but if you are going to do that I would wait a few minutes after the black screen before restarting. The process of restarting puts a lot of entries in the log so the timestamps can be confusing if you restart immediately after a problem. But honestly I would try a TV or another monitor if you possibly can. That would be the easiest way to eliminate or confirm the source of the problem.

Yeah i know:confused:, but there isn't any error, that w7 is giving me...I think he "some how" loses the dvi signal, i allready tryed to check the cable etc...But he keeps saying it:( & it's not that there is some "spagetti" of cables, everything's has his freedom here... Yeah i will try to get some log info, but i'm not sure how i menage to get this info:confused: I did had a prob,copple years ago, witch i uploaded the error log here, to verify the prob, but i had a w7 error to @ that time...

Unfortunatly, i don't have any other screen to fully test here...:(

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Hmmm maybe i'm crazy...call me if I am lol, have you tried using the HDMI cable from your card to your monitor? maybe the dvi cable is not so good.

Myk SilentShadow wrote:
Hmmm maybe i'm crazy...call me if I am lol, have you tried using the HDMI cable from your card to your monitor? maybe the dvi cable is not so good.

You're not crazy:p But no havn't try'd that & wouldn't, beceause you don't have the "full hd 3D" feature, with hdmi cable, it only wokrs with dvi...Well that what i know....:confused: Thnx for the suggestion:)

PS: Ok i've menage to get into "event log" & here are the errors he says, don't know for sure sitch one it is but i have restarted my pc between 16:20/16:40 & he didn't restart! So i again had to shut off manualy & did a fresh restart after 10 sec:mad: Hopes this helps...

*The process Explorer.EXE has initiated the restart of computer LUNTIC-PC on behalf of user Luntic-PC\Lun@tic for the following reason: Other (Unplanned)
Reason Code: 0x0
Shutdown Type: restart
Comment:

*The process C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe (LUNTIC-PC) has initiated the restart of computer LUNTIC-PC on behalf of user Luntic-PC\Lun@tic for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
Reason Code: 0x500ff
Shutdown Type: restart
Comment:

*The CyberLink PowerDVD 11.0 Service service entered the stopped state. (he's says this allote, while not even used the prog today:confused:)

*The NVIDIA Display Driver Service service entered the stopped state:confused:

*DHCPv6/4 client service is stopped. ShutDown Flag value is 1

*The process C:\Windows\system32\winlogon.exe (LUNTIC-PC) has initiated the power off of computer LUNTIC-PC on behalf of user Luntic-PC\Lun@tic for the following reason: No title for this reason could be found
Reason Code: 0x500ff
Shutdown Type: power off
Comment: (this one is set yesterday, while i had the dvi sgnal error, i think)

*The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.=>- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2012-01-01T20:52:47.864811100Z

EventRecordID 19024

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Luntic-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 0
BugcheckParameter1 0x0
BugcheckParameter2 0x0
BugcheckParameter3 0x0
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

Ok this one above was generated in januari this year, witch means that i had the monitor a few days, so it has to do something with it! Beceause i was having the same error allready back thene!

Not sure if i may post this here, but while searching a passific code, i came on this topic from some guy that has for 99% the saem prob as i do=>http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/216520-windows-7-64bit-kernel-power-id-41-0x8000000000000002-randomly.html=>We will solve this guys!

xeromist
All of the above look like they are related to restart of the machine. That doesn't really tell you anything about the black screen unfortunately. 😞

xeromist wrote:
All of the above look like they are related to restart of the machine. That doesn't really tell you anything about the black screen unfortunately. 😞

:confused: 😞 Sow back to 0 we are...Mmmm Conclusion is, that he doesn't give any straight error thene on the "no dvi signal"...Sow it could be the cable or i realy don'y know it anymore:confused:!

I know that you can't do 3D with HDMI but it would be worth trying for a while to see if the problem goes away. That would give you more to work with at least in tracking down the issue.