cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5770 DVI ports won't work with Samsung P2370 monitor

Retired
Not applicable
Hello,

I'm loving my new 5770 video card, but I've noticed that the DVI port doesn't work with my Samsung 5770. I've tried using another monitor to confirm that the DVI port is fine (check) and tried plugging a different DVI monitor into the video card (check) - it seems there's some sort of incompatibility between this exact monitor and video card.

I found a similar forum posting here, but thus far no solution, so I thought I would post here, if only for posterity and anyone else with a similiar problem:

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-404910.html

The monitor does have an HDMI port, which I use, but I also have a PS3 and I find myself constantly having to plug/unplug the two HDMI cables and, in addition to being annoying, I'm concerned that this constant cable plug/unplug might damage the port.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Retired
Not applicable
Hello,

I'd really appreciate a response from an ATI official as I've contacted the Samsung folks and they insist the problem is on the video card end.

Anyone have the same issue?

Retired
Not applicable
you are using the cable that came with the monitor correct?

i havent used this specific monitor but ive ran into issues in the past that you will not get any display from the 3D monitors unless you use the specific dual ink dvi cable that came with the package. when set to 120hz, it would bug out.

Retired
Not applicable
Hello,

I also own an ASUS Radeon 5770; and having just purchased a Samsung PX2370 monitor, I am also experiencing the same DVI issue as user dementia13 described with my ASUS Radeon 5770. The monitor cannot detect a signal on the DVI port from this video card. However, connecting the 5770 DVI output to the PX2370 via the HDMI adapter works just fine.

I am glad I came across other complaints of this issue with Samsung P2370/PX2370, as I was about to RMA the monitor.

Has there been any progress on determining the cause of the issue?

xeromist
I think only Brian can answer that but he has odd hours for the forums. I just wanted to post that it could take a while but he usually sees everything eventually. It's such a niche issue though that I wouldn't hope too hard that they've been able to find a solution.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…