cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RMA process questions

DEngland34
Level 7
I've sent my ASUS ENGTS250 in for RMA for the 4th time, 3rd time in about 7 months. A few questions for those more fortunate than myself.

1) Does ASUS ever replace a defective product or will they keep sending me the same card back, even though it keeps failing?

2) Does anyone reading this get ANY feedback from ASUS as to what is broken/fixed on a card that has been RMA'd?

I'm not stupid, yet I feel like I'm being treated as such by ASUS. I have many other of their products that are great, but one lemon leaves a sour taste in my mouth. How many times will ASUS keep RMAing a card and have it fail? Till the warranty runs out and I HAVE to buy a new one??? I asked for a replacement card since the time between RMA's keeps getting shorter but I doubt that will happen. Definitely not inspiring me to buy more from ASUS at the moment. More like inspiring my to do something else....

ASUS also needs to figure out what's wrong with their RMA database. I keep getting "System can't find records of your inquiry" after cutting and pasting the correct info from ASUS's RMA email to me. A phone call 'kinda' confirmed they know about me. Five minutes of mostly silence after waiting for 10 minutes, then a "It should be fixed by Monday". I asked why the database didn't have any record of me and they didn't know, which may be a perfectly honest answer, but strange.
7 REPLIES 7

HiVizMan
Level 40
I suspect that the ASUS US support structures might be in need of some serious overhaul and restructuring, there have been a few threads with folks not overjoyed with how things are currently done. If your card is defective you should not be sent the same card back each time.

After-market customer care is as important in my view as the initial marketing.

I am sorry to hear of your hassles, please do keep us informed as to how things pan out.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chrsplmr
Level 18
D.England34 ... Welcome to ROG.
1.Yes
2.No

Just in the US ? ...... but exactly correct as always ... "serious overhaul and restructuring" Globally.
Best of Luck DE' ... Thank You for Joining us. We 'ALL' stand with you on this.
No Excuse. Fix it Asus.c.

I'll wait till the end of this week and then go back to the phone if nothing arrives. I actually live about an hour away from the U.S. repair facility in Jeffersonville, IN where ASUS had me send my card. I even thought about going and knocking on their door and see what kind of response I'd get then!

Wait and see....

chrsplmr
Level 18
U.S.? Did you PM Mason@Asus ? I would.
You never know who can help until you ask.

"...I even thought about going and knocking on their door and see what kind of response I'd get then!..."
umm ... Police ?
It's probably not a walk-in clinic.
Irate 'End-Users' may alarm them.(j/k)

Just be patient. Whatever can be done, will be.
Just not as fast as we wish it.c.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Chris no not just in the US but that is certainly a very huge and critical market so I suggest it is a very good place to start. 🙂

Walk in mate I would love to see their faces to actually be confronted with a customer who has had the run around.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

chrsplmr
Level 18
Sorry brother .. you know i got a soft spot for lady liberty .. of course you are correct.

Mason
Level 10
Hi DE,
Regarding the RMA of a component, e.g., motherboard, video card, if you get the same exact card/board back then that means our technicians weren't able to duplicate the problem as if we do duplicate the problem then we would send you a replacement. Sometimes this is due to the problem being intermittent and possibly not enough details provided to us at to how to replicate the problem. If you want to give me all of your RMA numbers pertaining to your graphics card then I can look up the details to see what was done or see that we weren't able to find the problem.

Regarding the RMA status inquiry system which many others have had negative experiences with as well, it is something that definitely needs to be fixed and I will pass your concerns on to the team that handles this system and reinforce to them the importance of this system working properly.