cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xonar Phoebus Sound Card Technical Details

Tim_S
Level 7
http://rog.asus.com/105462012/sound-cards-and-headsets/xonar-phoebus-sound-card-technical-details/

The Republic of Gamers Modus Operandi is to always provide the ultimate PC hardware. At first it was via motherboards like the Rampage and Maximus series, later graphics cards like the Matrix, MARS & ARES, and now the Xonar team has submitted sound cards into the mix, with its Xonar Phoebus.

20 REPLIES 20

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Woooot bring on the release day in Aus already!! :cool:

when's it being released to the United Kingdom, I want my hands on this! any ETA? Amazon, Ebuyer, Scan do not have any preview dates or even a image on the site saying they will sell it at all.
PC Specs: Intel 2500k - 4.6GHZ (Overclocked) 7 Stepping CPU.
Corsair Vengance 16GB 4GB Kit @ 1600MHZ 9/9/9/24/2 - now overclocked: 1866 9/10/9/27/2- ATI 6850 GFX - (OC 855mhz/1165) -
Maximus Gene Z/Gen 3 3305 BIOS, Voltages: Ram 1.6 - CPU 1.360 / 75% Vdroop. VCCISO 1.1500.
Antec 300 Case - Sata II 5400 RPM 500GB Master HDD.

RoG Member! And Proud!

Lilkka

Big time fan of ASUS ROG, but i was wondering when is the release date for NA. I am currently in Canada and is in need of a good soundcard. This soundcard came to my attention and from what ive seen i fell in love with it. I hope i can expect a release date for Canada pretty soon. Thanks.

Izanagi wrote:
Big time fan of ASUS ROG, but i was wondering when is the release date for NA. I am currently in Canada and is in need of a good soundcard. This soundcard came to my attention and from what ive seen i fell in love with it. I hope i can expect a release date for Canada pretty soon. Thanks.

Next month or so. Got one here, testing now, sounds gooooood...

Raja@ASUS wrote:

Thank you for your response. Will be anticipating the sound card. Much appreciated. 🙂

Raja@ASUS wrote:

TEASE!!!! 😛 :cool:

dedaciai
Level 10
I am not a conspiracy theorist or anything- ha! but it seems like with all of these teaser pics and updates on this site and the regular Asus site the soundcard is not too far off. Hmmm....next Tuesday is May 1st....
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

I've noticed that both the sound cards have the same amp. Essence seems to have a higher end processor than the Phoebus; but in terms of software, the Phoebus seems to have the better software. Aside from those comparisons i was wondering about the sound quality when compared. Which one you recommend? For me i like to listen to music and play games. My only concern is that the Essence seems to be the better card for sound quality over the Phoebus. Need your insight. Thanks.

Izanagi wrote:
I've noticed that both the sound cards have the same amp. Essence seems to have a higher end processor than the Phoebus; but in terms of software, the Phoebus seems to have the better software. Aside from those comparisons i was wondering about the sound quality when compared. Which one you recommend? For me i like to listen to music and play games. My only concern is that the Essence seems to be the better card for sound quality over the Phoebus. Need your insight. Thanks.

I asked a similar question and was told that it mainly depends on what you're hooking up to the sound card.
Desktop:
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO (BIOS version 3402) | Core i5 2500K @ 4GHz | 4GB GSkill Ripjaws F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM (2x2GB) | Palit GTX 680 Jetstream 2GB | ASUS Xonar D2X | WD 1TB HDD (WD1002FAEX) | LG CH10LS20 (Blu-ray/DVD-RW combo drive) | Corsair HX650 | Samsung 2333SW @ 1920x1080 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1 | Logitech G19 | Logitech G500

Laptop:
ASUS G73JH (Core i7 720QM, 8GB RAM, Mobility Radeon HD5870, 2x500GB HDD, 17.3" @ 1920x1080)