cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Maximus V Gene & Mushkin mSATA 240GB SATA III SSD?

GamerGirlAlice
Level 7
this is a very technical question about the ASUS Maximus V Gene Mini PCIe device. i found a Mushkin mSATA 240GB SATA III SSD & was wondering if it could work as a boot drive on the Mini Card Slots. this probably the most technical question i have ever asked. i want to find out if i could use a Mushkin mSATA 240GB SATA III SSD for my boot drive or if i will need to by a regular SSD.

NZXT Pink Phantom

AliceP.com
ChrisRayMemorial.com

5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
And sadly I am unable to reply or answer.

What I can do is bump it upstairs to the engineers who wrote the bios.

Sorry.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Shamino
yes it will work as a boot drive

HiVizMan
Level 40
Many thanks Shamino 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I'm trying to do the same thing with a Plextor M6M 256 Gb mSATA drive on the mPCIe card and would really like to know if this can be done. What I found already is that Win7Pro64 will ask for a driver when the M6M is the only drive on board.

Cheers!!

Hi,

If the thread is still open, I could use some help. I have a Max V Gene with the combo card - msata and mpcie.

Does anyone know if there are, or will be, storage devices that can connect to mpcie? I would love to run a second ssd of it (already using the msata), or what about running 2 extra msata ssds through a raid port connected to the mpcie. I've seen the connector to regular sata here

Any suggestions about this or any other new products on the mpcie horizon would be amazing.

Cheers,

GWIll