cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Recommended" BIOS Settings for Crosshair V

teh_g
Level 7
After a few months of being lazy, I finally updated to the most recent BIOS and want to make sure everything is in tip top shape to get the most out of my system. I am not looking for overclocking (though I could try it out if it makes that much of a difference), but I have heard that there are some settings I should check to help with performance (someone mentioned that ECC should be disabled for example). What are your suggestions for BIOS settings?

For reference, I have:
AMD FX-6100
2x ASUS EAH6870
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB)
3 REPLIES 3

theoneandonlymr
Level 9
ecc off and memory set to unganged in bios will speed that up, and its deffinately worth Ocín if you have the time(it does waste a fair bit) upping the multiplier a notch or two should remain stable at stock volts per say and upping the northbridge by one speed should still be stable without messing with volts ,if you want more id suggest watching the guide and their is a post full of OC settings(not much point me going to deep as ive a phenomII) but Ocing it has made it last till q3-4 2012 (Piledriver) and improved performance a lot

oh and put it in performance mode when gameing as it stops it clocking down so much(EPU settings in OS AI suite)

theoneandonlymrk wrote:
ecc off and memory set to unganged in bios will speed that up, and its deffinately worth Ocín if you have the time(it does waste a fair bit) upping the multiplier a notch or two should remain stable at stock volts per say and upping the northbridge by one speed should still be stable without messing with volts ,if you want more id suggest watching the guide and their is a post full of OC settings(not much point me going to deep as ive a phenomII) but Ocing it has made it last till q3-4 2012 (Piledriver) and improved performance a lot

oh and put it in performance mode when gameing as it stops it clocking down so much(EPU settings in OS AI suite)

I haven't installed the OS AI Suite yet. Maybe I will take a look at that as well. I will definitely disable ECC. I looked into the ganged versus unganged, it seems that ganged is better for memory intense applications (games?) and unganged is better for multitasking. Not sure what would be the best for my gaming.

Edit: It looks like unganged is recommended if the motherboard has two+ memory controllers (which the Crossfire V does). I will have to see if unganged is set or not.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hey mate - it might be worth while going over to the front page here at ROG land and browsing around the guides and OC articles. There are a couple that will help you specifically. The Bulldozer and CHV one particularly.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.