I recently bought a Crosshair V Formula for my new PC (actually, all parts are new) and it's behaving strange: I can make a first power-up/boot ok, but if I reset the machine or power off and on again, it simply doesn't POST (screen remains black), with 3 red leds flashing: vga_led, cpu_led and dram_led.
If I clear CMOS (removing the battery and setting jumper to 2/3), after 30mins I can boot it again.
I have already upgraded my BIOS to version 1301 but I'm still having this issue.
- ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Republic of Gamers Series Motherboard
- AMD FX-8150 FX 8-Core Black Edition Processor Socket AM3+
- Corsair Hydro Series H80 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
- Corsair Vengeance 16 GB (4x4GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1866MHz PC3-15000 CL9 Unbuffered DIMM
- XFX FX797ATDBC Double D HD 7970 Black Edition 3GB DDR5 1000M 2xmDP HDMI DVI PCI-E
- XFX PRO1250W Black Edition Full Modular 80PLUS Gold PSU
- 2 X 1.5Tb Seagate Barracuda SATA
- 1 WD Green Caviar