cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will ASUS get into the NIC or Ethernet Adapter hardware?

Xtreme-Performa
Level 7
I know Asus has the Thunderbolt already... And I know all MOBO already includes a ethernet adapter built-in...

But I did a research that most of the higher speed then a T1 ethernet adapter or NIC... it's mostly Cisco by Linksys...

Like this particular NIC's T1 adapter's from Newegg... http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Des...

I'm just looking for alternatives in case I require a faster connection with lower latency... to almost T1 base but certainly I may not require it but for future reference I'd like alternatives than these pricy NIC's $600 isn't too bad but still costs more than RIVE I purchased recently LOL...

So basically I'm wondering if ASUS will make any T1's or similar speed for ethernet adaptor or NIC's... I know I looked up ASUS websites they mostly have routers and IPTVs....
ASUS Entheustic <3r MOBO RIG: First RIG first custom built myself...
Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000
5 REPLIES 5

xeromist
A T1 connection is 1.5Mbps. My home internet connection is 15Mbps(10x faster). T1 lines are generally dedicated (not shared) which is nice but its top speed is hardly considered fast by today's standards.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Xtreme-Performa
Level 7
Thank you Xeromists, I recall there are higher speed then T1 connection though? Like T3 or so... I know if it's dedicated it means your connected "dedicated to 1 line" which shared means if other people uses the same line as you do... others will lower your speed connection especially when it comes to important gaming MMO time which if they're also on the PC and using ethernet it'll slow down your speed and create higher latency... is that true?!

I've heard someone told me this but I'm unfamiliar with which ones was the dedicated and which ones was shared... like I heard cable is shared if the lines are connected (such as in apartment buildings) which I live in one... >,<; and dsl... currently I got a dsl that's dedicated to my phone line which is I have a line from 1xx.xxx.xxx.1-1xx.xxx.xxx.255 which they call it dynamic connections... It sounds like it's dedicated to one user yet I was able to guess my isp broadband router password... and I check that I'm getting a host ip address from a remote address... (I'm sure they purposely left default password through customer yet they did not give me suggestion to access the broadband modem in order to reconfigure the WPA for wi-fi connections such as Nintendo Wii, Xbox, PS3 etc...) But I did purchase a seperate firewall security router for direct line to my PC... for extra security.. because I've been blocked by anonymous ip address before and had to complain to my isp provider which they make up weird excuses and in the end they told me to either shut up about it or stop the service completely... which was a rude technical support... because I had to go through multiple customer service before they'd let me talk to a technician why or who is blocking me. Which I noticed I'm only getting blocked through my Mac Book but Win XP PC's aren't being blocked which I had the same line as my current line which is a dynamic adsl... ISP...

It is strange as well since I have a firewall security that has multiple securities like filter mac address and ip addresses and turn off remote PC... through the ethernet adapter... etc...
Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000

xeromist
OK, sorry to sidetrack this into a discussion about internet connections. What I was getting at is that the ethernet ports on ASUS motherboards are already hundreds of times faster than T1. I just used an internet connection as an example because they are slower than the port on your computer and yet still much faster than T1.

But since you asked about sharing, ALL internet connections are shared, it just depends how far you trace them. Generally the more you pay the less people you have to share with but the price gets crazy for that kind of assurance.

Also, latency and speed are not linked. You could have a relatively slow T1 in terms of transfer rate but with a very low latency. Or you could have a high transfer rate but a high latency, such as with some satellite connections.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thank you very much for your 2 cents.. The reason why I asked this from previous posts is that my connection has been quite lagging a lot so I'm not so confident about my internet speed connection even though I'm currently connected through adsl dynamic method...

But I am sharing my IP with someone but it's through a household... I've had clearwire before and back from 1997 to 1999 internet connection speeds is very good. That I was able to play FFO... even with the lagging of events in-game like Beseiged and Dynamis... But since Clearwire merged with Sprint the connections has been way too slow... and even technician from clearwire told me to stop subscribing which is a rude way to say if your not satisfied with the service then you can look for service else were... which I've had technicians/customer service told me this before... And I had problems with being block by a remote PC (could be a router that I was connected too... but it sent my mac book laptop a ip address signal I think it's to scan my data and disconnect my internet connection from my clearwire isp wi-fi broadband modem. Which I happen to be connected wired...

Basically I'm trying to prevent this situation from arising... I know about anonymous ip subscriber to make your ip address be anonymous... and some proxy server to subscribed to like VPN...

I guess I'm looking for alternatives without a service fee (string attached to it called "fee") And I noticed the Killer NIC the bigfoot is no longer available and I'm not sure about the other 2 available on the market stock... but I don't want a wireless which they offer in there website... Visiontek for Killer NIC...

I've seen other NIC that has way more GBPS like T10 ethernet adapter but it's like buying a i7-3960X so yeah until I can increase my budget in spending in PC's I cannot afford it atm like the CPU I wanted for RIVE... lol

It's too bad I cannot recycle my old motherboard for a brand new one listed in asus website... like ipods... lol (sorry off topic)

This NIC is quite impressive... 40GBPS http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833380016
But I don't know what to do with this lol

And I truely appreciate your answers Xenomists for my novice questions..

Xtreme-Performa
Level 7
So how do you closed this thread? lol Guess I just wanted an Extreme ethernet for an extreme motherboard lol..