cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No signal to screen

daytripper
Level 7
i have problems with my CHV, it wont post , no signal to screen and red flashing dram leds.
x
setup is 1090t, g-skill ripjaws 12800cl9d-8gbrl 2*4 gb, 6870 videocard. all parts are less than si months old and i use the 1301 bios.

have tried moving around ramsticks but to no avail. changed cooler, started mobo out of case, different pcie slots but nothing helps.

the cpu is working as i use it on an older asus board atm with ddr2.

any recommendations for solutions? thanks in advance
11 REPLIES 11

flearider
Level 8
at first it can be hard to click in the mem ..you really have to push them in .. and do you have the 4pin/8pin power lead in ?
AMD FX 8350 5.1ghz 221x23
CROSSHAIR V bios 1703
g-skill sniper 1600@1800
What does it matter now if men believe or no?
What is to come will come. And soon you too will stand aside,
To murmur in pity that my words were true
(Cassandra, in Agamemnon by Aeschylus)

to see the wizard one must look behind the curtain ...

flearider wrote:
and do you have the 4pin/8pin power lead in ?

i only have the 8 pin in as i dont have any more 4 pin on my psu.

but it has worked perfectly with this for a month aleast,

xeromist
Have you tried the Go button with a single stick of memory? If it still doesn't work then you might need to RMA.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

i had it sent in to the place i bought it for this problem bout a month ago. They however could not reproduce the problem and sent it back, after that it just worked up till a few days ago, when trouble started again, will buying new rams help? bit cheaper than a hole mobo atleast

xeromist
I've had a memory module work intermittently but 2 modules at the same time? Given the complexity of a motherboard I'd be more apt to blame the mobo. If you want to try other memory then just make sure you get something off of the CHV QVL or check the QVL of the memory to ensure the CHV is on it.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

flearider
Level 8
hmm i'd be thinking psu ..or maybe a shorting issue ..if you have had the board in before for the same thing ...
try unplugging psu and board battery overnight and try it in the morning ..
i do know if i flip the power switch on mine it's a bugger to get the pump and fans to come on unless i leave it ..
CROSSHAIR V bios 1703
g-skill sniper 1600@1800

but the powersupply is working with this older board i use atm.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Try and borrow a PSU from a friend to test. A old PSU might work for a while and then when the strain gets to much for it stop.

Think of it like running Prime. You do not run prime for one minute and say OK my system is stable because it passed one minute. No you run prime for quite some time and if you get it right it will not fail any workers. But time has to pass for the error to be found. I think it is the same with older PSU's

Me I change replace my PSU's every two years. Even without problems they are now getting tiered and there will be degradation of the PSU.

So test and find out.

If you wish test your ram using Memetest and run many cycles of the test too.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

flearider
Level 8
what is your psu ??
CROSSHAIR V bios 1703
g-skill sniper 1600@1800