cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74SX Sentelic Trackpad

Uddy84
Level 7
Hi,

I have an ASUS G74SX and I am having a problem with the trackpad (Sentelic). I am aware that this is something that has been posted here before but i'm not sure if i'm still missing something because I cant seem to find a conclusive answer to it yet.

I can't disable the track pad. When I open Mouse Properties and go under Finger Sensing Pad > Configure > Enable/Disable Pad > USB Mouse Detection and put a check on the box to "Disable pad while external USB mouse is plugged in", it would work. But the trackpad will be active again when the computer is restarted or whenever User Account Control window pops up (when i'm trying to run some games for example).

I find it frustating that I have to go through all those steps again to un-check the box to disable pad, click Apply, check the box, and click Apply again to disable the trackpad.

Is there a solution to this that i might miss out in this forum? Would anyone be kind enough to link the url of that thread?

Thanks
17 REPLIES 17

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

have you tried to update your driver for it?

go to this thread and install one of the sentelic drivers http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5224-Drivers-Apps-and-How-to-s&country=&status=
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

I installed "Sentelic Touchpad 9.1.3.5" that is recommended and it does not re-enable the touchpad after a restart. However touchpad becomes active again whenever User Account Control pops up.

fuzon1337
Level 10
Okey did you download the driver and installed it right away?

If yes, go to device manager -> mouse and other other pointing devices -> click on your mouse and uninstall it. Let microsoft install a plug'n'play driver for it.
Reboot
Then install the new driver and see if that helps 🙂

Also you can download CCleaner, install it, and run the register check until it doesn't find any register issues.
If you choose to install it, remember to uncheck the toolbar option, unless you want that 😛
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

fuzon1337 wrote:
Okey did you download the driver and installed it right away?

If yes, go to device manager -> mouse and other other pointing devices -> click on your mouse and uninstall it. Let microsoft install a plug'n'play driver for it.
Reboot
Then install the new driver and see if that helps 🙂

Also you can download CCleaner, install it, and run the register check until it doesn't find any register issues.
If you choose to install it, remember to uncheck the toolbar option, unless you want that 😛

Thanks for your help, the fn - F9 key now disables it, how do I set it so that it never works?? I use a mouse and it just gets in the way of my typing.

Thanks,

Jebus wrote:
...the fn - F9 key now disables it, how do I set it so that it never works?? I use a mouse and it just gets in the way of my typing.

Go to BIOS setting (press f2 button repeatedly at startup), go to "Advanced",
then disable "Internal Pointing Device", save and exit.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

PILGRIM wrote:
Go to BIOS setting (press f2 button repeatedly at startup), go to "Advanced",
then disable "Internal Pointing Device", save and exit.

I tried to do that and when I did, I also disabled the entire keyboard as well. Any other tips??

Thanks

dstrakele
Level 14
Try the Sentelic 9.1.7.7 version driver. Uninstall your current 9.1.3.5 driver from Control Panel, REBOOT, install 9.1.7.7 and REBOOT again.

The earlier version Sentelic drivers have a re-enabling issue with USB mice.

Take a look at this thread: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?10655-G74-USB-Mouse-Issue

It also indicates Power4Gear may interfere with USB Mouse detection on resume from sleep/hibernation.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

I tried dstrakele's advice. With 9.1.7.7, the trackpad becomes active when User Account Control window is up but it will deactivate itself again almost immediately after the UAC window is closed. Probably not the ideal scenario here but i'm pretty satisfied for now. Thanks!

dstrakele
Level 14
You need to run the 9.1.7.7 Sentelic driver to be able to disable the touchpad in the BIOS without also disabling the keyboard.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT