cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

Marco_P__CjBA
Level 7
Hey guys, i'm having some problems with my ASUS P8Z68-V PRO. I was benchmarks normally on it when the VGA stopped working. I restarted the PC and something wrong happened, I can't make any overclocking neither on the memory nor changing on the multiplier of processor. The "PLL overvoltage" option is also gone. I've already tried to refresh the BIOS several times and it don't solve my problem. I also tried to go back to an older BIOS version, but appears the "Image Outdated"on EZFlash, and don't go throught the ASUS update. I'm using the most recent version 3203 of BIOS.

My CPU is an 2600k and i have 3 kit's of memory. With none of them i was able to use 1866MHz. It's 2 Corsair DominatorGT 1GB, 2 Corsair DominatorGT 2GB and 2 Kingston Hyper 2GB, all Elpida Hyper's. They used to archieve 2133 untill 7-8-7-21 or 1866 6-7-6-18. Now, not even 1866 9-9-9-27 it does. I believe that the problem is on the mobo BIOS, since the CPU can run wPrime, 3DMarkVantage with almost 4100MHz, only using the Turbo and raising the BCKL to 107 MHz and the PLL OverVoltage option is gone, follows the system images:

Does anyone know what this could be, or how could force and put an older BIOS?

Thanks
Core i7 2600K - Corsair H100 - ASUS P8Z68-V PRO - 3x2GB Kingston HyperX 2000 C8 MGH-E +2x2GB e 3x1GB Corsair Dominator GT MNH-E - PNY 7300SE/HIS HD6950 - Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W - Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W - WD 500GB GreePower - Everglide DKTBoard Black
5 REPLIES 5

HiVizMan
Level 40
What you are experiencing is because of the bios flash to 3202 you will need to wait or swap out your CPU. I found that for some reason if I swapped out my CPU's for different ones I was able to get most of the functions back. I have no idea why that happened.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
What you are experiencing is because of the bios flash to 3202 you will need to wait or swap out your CPU. I found that for some reason if I swapped out my CPU's for different ones I was able to get most of the functions back. I have no idea why that happened.

I swapped the CPU for my 2500k, he's dead, but turns on the PC and enter the BIOS normal ... not appearing on the options for me to increase the PLL Overvoltage also be that this can be problem in 2 processors, or even mobo ?

Thanks
Core i7 2600K - Corsair H100 - ASUS P8Z68-V PRO - 3x2GB Kingston HyperX 2000 C8 MGH-E +2x2GB e 3x1GB Corsair Dominator GT MNH-E - PNY 7300SE/HIS HD6950 - Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W - Enermax Revolution 85+ 850W - WD 500GB GreePower - Everglide DKTBoard Black

I have the exact same motherboard and experienced the same issue after upgrading to BIOS 3203. I resolved my issue by ordering a new BIOS chip from the Asus E-store pre-flashed with version 3203. It's about $25 total including shipping. This can also be covered under Asus warranty, but you'd still have to pay to ship your motherboard to Asus and wait several weeks.

They will also include instructions on how to properly swap out the bios chip.

Good luck.

Mark.

maskedmark wrote:
I have the exact same motherboard and experienced the same issue after upgrading to BIOS 3203. I resolved my issue by ordering a new BIOS chip from the Asus E-store pre-flashed with version 3203. It's about $25 total including shipping. This can also be covered under Asus warranty, but you'd still have to pay to ship your motherboard to Asus and wait several weeks.

They will also include instructions on how to properly swap out the bios chip.

Good luck.

Mark.

Thanks for the replies, I'll have to activate the warranty, unfortunately I'm in Brazil, can not find for sale here and did not find any place to bring to Brazil

Thanks

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hey Marco maybe you can buy the BIOS chip on EBAY I do know there are a couple of guys in the US who sell on EBAY the flashed BIOC CHIP.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.