cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to grab x 2 SLI Nvidia Cards

Lilkka
Level 9
Hello! /wave

Well, having dealt with AMD's terriable drivers and i just feel that Nvidia is a more of a comfortable setup for my PC (with them having a shader and allowing more immesive graphics overall, I'm wondering what difference's/FPS or bonus's would i gain from my single 6850, as i was going to SLI this one up but i felt with the money i would spend getting another 6850 i could easily pass this card down to my girlfriend and finally go to Nvidia like i've wanted for awhile now, I'm not sure how to explain but i just don't quite feel that AMD cut it with there graphics or there drivers.

anyone with some benchmarks/testing/results or review's? I'm looking to spend around £250 (i think it's $320 in USD?) on a new set of card's but i want them to be mid range/updated graphic's cards, i'm definatly not looking for single cards i'm tired of never having a SLI configuration setup.

anyone with some suggestions, i would even go up/down a range if the performance/money was good, any input would be lovely.
PC Specs: Intel 2500k - 4.6GHZ (Overclocked) 7 Stepping CPU.
Corsair Vengance 16GB 4GB Kit @ 1600MHZ 9/9/9/24/2 - now overclocked: 1866 9/10/9/27/2- ATI 6850 GFX - (OC 855mhz/1165) -
Maximus Gene Z/Gen 3 3305 BIOS, Voltages: Ram 1.6 - CPU 1.360 / 75% Vdroop. VCCISO 1.1500.
Antec 300 Case - Sata II 5400 RPM 500GB Master HDD.

RoG Member! And Proud!

Lilkka
3 REPLIES 3

HiVizMan
Level 40
Mate currently the 7 Series AMD card is the top of the pile. I have 2 GTX 680 cards and I prefer to use a single 7970. So you fill in the blanks.

To answer your question I would say for that money your best bet would be to look at the deal of the day at either of the three or four big online retailers here in the UK.

In no particular order

Aria
Ebuyer
Scan
OCUK

Each one as very good deals that they post for one day at a time.

Why dual card? Single strong card and you have an upgrade path later in the year or next year by adding another. 560Ti is a good starting point.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Lilkka
Level 9
Simply because i haven't had a SLI configuration and i want to make use of the motherboard properly, as in all the time of my PCS i've not had a dual graphics card setup and the type of games i like to play while on PC (also i like to do Video recording too) i have never had enough graphics card power to do so with good quality as i'm looking to pump High/Ultra while records going, and with a single graphics card it isn't going to be able to do that because of the RAM on the card will get bottle necked due to the strain on it.

Nvidia is a company i feel more trusted with, and they have more realism to there cards than ATI, through things like: Dynamic visual effects like blazing explosions, reactive debris, realistic water, and lifelike characters- aka: Physic's, they exist on Nvidia unlike ATI cards they are dummed down and not so in-your-face. I'm aware that ATI are properly better for bank for buck but at the end of it i want to draw my self away from ATI.

Also with me i like to keep GFX cards for 3-5 years at a time so having 2 x 560's for example will work out better, the reason why i like to have them for so long is because i like to use them until they dry up (i had a 4650 for 3-5 years) I like to build a PC that last's and thats why im trying to find a nice deal on graphics cards.
PC Specs: Intel 2500k - 4.6GHZ (Overclocked) 7 Stepping CPU.
Corsair Vengance 16GB 4GB Kit @ 1600MHZ 9/9/9/24/2 - now overclocked: 1866 9/10/9/27/2- ATI 6850 GFX - (OC 855mhz/1165) -
Maximus Gene Z/Gen 3 3305 BIOS, Voltages: Ram 1.6 - CPU 1.360 / 75% Vdroop. VCCISO 1.1500.
Antec 300 Case - Sata II 5400 RPM 500GB Master HDD.

RoG Member! And Proud!

Lilkka

HiVizMan
Level 40
Um - you might want to read up how ram is used with SLi - my understanding is that when you are in SLi the ram on one card only is used I am sad to say.

But please feel free to explore Sli it is quite a bit of fun. 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.