I just bought a new PC.

Intel Core i7 3770K
Asus Maximus V Gene
16GB (4*4) G.Skill RipJawsZ 2133Mhz F3-17000CL11Q-16GBZL
Samsung SSD 830 128GB
Gigabyte 7870 OC
Noctua NH-D14 CPU Cooler

BeQuiet PSU in a Lian Li Case...

I must say that it is really not my first time building a PC.

However when I start the system all the fans are moving, but the CPU_LED is glowing. I get no picture at the HDMI port and can't access the BIOS of course.

Things I have tried:
- disconnected and removed the whole system three times already and put it back together
- starting with only one RAM in the second slot
- checking all the power connections
- removing all aditional cards (graphics card) and sata-hdds
- graphics card in the second slot
- and some more stuff...

So now I am at a point where I'm really frustrated and have no idea what to try next.
Do you guys have any input? 🙂
17 REPLIES 17

Raja
Level 13
What code on the Hex LED display?

It shows only "00".

Raja
Level 13
Reseat CPU (check socket for bent pins), clear CMOS with CPU removed if you have not tried that. Try without GPU installed (use onboard IGP output). Make sure DIMMs latched on both sides.

I have already reseated the CPU 3 times and did it once again just a couple of minute ago. I can't see any bent pins.
I also cleared the CMOS with the CPU removed. The DIMMs are in correctly and i don't have the graphics card installed at the moment.

Do you have any more suggestions?

8_Pack
Level 12
When you tried with one dimm you said you tried it in the second slot. It should be tried in the slot furthest from the CPU. Is the 8 pin well at least a 4 pin CPU connector attached to the board?? Could you try a different PSU??

I tried it in the second slot because I was told to do this by another forum.
However... I tried the last or fourth DIMM Slot as well and still have the problem.

The 8-Pin is connected and I can nearly be sure that it is not the problem since it was running in another computer until yesterday just fine.

I think I might have to RMA it... in Germany where the Asus RMA is just bad...

Hi

I have the exact same problem as you.

After turning on the computer, fans spin up and code "00" is shown on the motherboard.

The weird thing is it only happens some times, then I take the power completely to the motherboard, wait 10 sec and then power back on and everything works.

Intel Maximus Gene V
Intel Ivy Bridge i7 3770 not K.
4x8 GB Corsair Dominator Memory
80 Intel SSD
240 GB Corsair SSD
Corsair 500W PSU.

Wow, I'm glad to hear that.
Well, sorry for you, bit it's good to know I'm not alone :cool:

I already flashed the BIOS to 0701 via the ROG connect port method, but this doesn't help either...
No chance to get it to work for me ...

Newk wrote:
Wow, I'm glad to hear that.
Well, sorry for you, bit it's good to know I'm not alone :cool:

I already flashed the BIOS to 0701 via the ROG connect port method, but this doesn't help either...
No chance to get it to work for me ...

Have you tried video output by DVI?? I have got the same setup and i couldn´t boot by GTX680 HDMI, only by DVI, but in windows 7 i have activated the hdmi output and then it works well....
I7 7700K@4.8GHZ WC by EK/Strix z270-E Gaming/32GB GSkill/GTX 1080 Ti WC by EK/RM850i