cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

game problems

Retired
Not applicable
k how to describe this i have a desktop that has vista 64-bit it recently fried the hard drive an had to send it back to get a new one i put the new hard drive in, did everything i was suppose to or did when i first got the computer well i reinstalled 2 of my games that worked before on the computer but now it seems to mess up BAD ha.. it runs the game the sound an everything works but the scheme for example when i play zoo tycoon nothing shows up when i enter a park to build all that will show up are a few buildings, the water an a few guests
the main menu works an everything

an when i play sims 2 a game that also worked before geting the new hard drive it loads everything everything shows up only thing that happends is it goes blocky an black lines pop up al over the screen it sometimes looks like some of the blocks are zoomed in while the others are zooomed out or normal thats the best i can discribe whats going on if you can help i would greatly appreciate it....also it seems to really mess up when it has to use alot of cpu when theres alot going on in the screen or a second window pops up in the game

sorry i wasnt sure what forum to put this under so i just picked this one
6 REPLIES 6

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Do you have any other game installed? that work proprely??
Also can we have your complete system spec before going any further 😉
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

Retired
Not applicable
martin_metal_88 wrote:
Do you have any other game installed? that work proprely??
Also can we have your complete system spec before going any further 😉

not sense the new hard drive , no game will work on it

an what you mean by system spec.... ha i know a lil about computers not a lot just enough to get by

Retired
Not applicable
hha thanks i have the side open still if u want me to run some of the names i c in it

Retired
Not applicable
well heres my full system i believe its the system specs u asked for

manufacturer-ZT system

processor-amd phenom(tm) 9100e quad-core processor 1.81 ghz

memory-4.00 GB

system type-vista 64-bit

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Ok it's pre built. I thought it was hand build so you would have know the brand and model of each part. If after changing HD on a new OS game crash, I would just start by re-installing windows. The install process could have gone wrong, thishappen time to time. Also make sure that you use the good driver for each component, Videocard, mobo, network card, chipset etc. After that we will start to look at hardware 😉 The HDD could have suffer from a bad PSU which couldaffect other part but that would be quite an apocaliptic diagnostic. Let's start by the begining 😉
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

martin_metal_88
Level 8
Then start testing other part. First of all, update all driver,also try to roll back driver for the video card and motherboard chipset.

For the GPU :
Furemark. Use the stability test and Xtrem burning mode option. Look at it for 8-10 minut and try to see if you can catch any artifact of graphic bug.
http://www.centrale3d.com/?FurMark-v1-5

ATI tools. Dosen't matter if you have ATI or Nvidia, hit the scan for artifact ption for another 8-10 min
http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/

Memory : Start multiple instence of this memtest with a value of 512 each. Make sure you DO NOT exeed complete system memory. If you have 1GB and windows use 512MB then start 1 with 512 for a total of 1GB, you follow me?
http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

HDD : Depending of the brand of the HD, use the manufacturer test. If you are more techy the Hitachi drive test ( the bootable one ) is the best and it work with any drive, but you have to know how to make it bootable.

Complete system stress test : Download Everest Ultimate install it and start the stress test in the tools section if I remember.
http://www.lavalys.com/products/everest-pc-diagnostics/

If none of these test give decent result, try re-installing windows. Maybe your new install just crapped out.
Martin_metal_88

Ask for more!