cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS Fan Xpert 2 Demo - Take Control of Your CPU Fans

kkn
Level 14
if this link is in the wrong place move it, if its against rules delete it.
this is "a how to" or for the ones that wants a hint or how to set up fans.
jj's at it again 😄

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFjQb0BdBiA&feature=share

im not promoting enny thing, im only sharing so others can see what things Can be done.
2 REPLIES 2

Plenair
Level 7
Thanks for the video.

I have been trying to setup Fan Xpert 2 on my Asus P8Z77-V motherboard.
I have 4 fan including the CPU fan connected to the fan headers.

I have manually customized graphs for all my fans, saved them into a profile.

However, everytime I reboot my machine or power it on, the CPU fan and the 1st Fan loses their settings and are reverted back to a default graph, this problem however does not happen to the 3rd and 4th fans on my machine, the customized graph is retained.

I have also tried disabling Q-fan for all 4 fans in the BIOS, but this problem is still happening.

I am running version 1.00.13

I may have stumbled across a workaround for this while trying to fix this issue for one of my customers. I found just about the same issue you were having.

Our build is using the new P8Z77-V Deluxe board with an Ivy Bridge processor, running Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium. We experienced the same issue where the computer would start, and immediately revert to the default fan profile (possibly the one stored in BIOS?).

Fan Xpert IS in fact storing your preferences in a startup file, and is loading them when Windows starts according to your last used fan settings. Every time you change an option in the Fan Xpert, it updates the preference file. This preference file is in XML format and for us is stored in C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsusFanControlService\1.01.02\FanStore.xml

From my testing, it appears that your fan profile loads when Windows starts the AsusFanControlService.exe file. Everything seems to be running fine. Until the USER logs in. If you look in task manager, the service "C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AI Suite II\AsRoutineController.exe -open" runs "On logon of any user", and seems to overwrite user preferences with either a default, or your motherboards settings, causing you to have to "reload" your fan profile.

In my testing, I found that as a workaround, disabling this task in "Task Scheduler" (Windows 7 x64), keeps the last used fan settings active. The only apparent downside so far is that the Asus AI icon does not go into the system tray on startup, however, you can still seemingly launch and use the AI suite from the start menu, and use all of its features as normal without losing your fan settings.

Let me know please if this information was helpful to you!

If anyone else comes across this information, and finds it useful, please feel free to repost it anywhere you wish. It would be nice to have some replies here, so I know that I helped someone out!