cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5870 matrix p bios issue +other

domfather
Level 7
hello i cant update the bios. i downloaded the bios from this site but when i try to click the .exe i get the error message saying it cant find the adaptor. allso i have the latest amd driver suite installd but am i sapost to unsitall them using drivesweep and install the older ones from the ROG website along with I tracker?lastly .playing crysis2 on dx ll i notice in hardware moniter that the card is at 81 c at load and rising slowly the color is dark blue so that indicats medium load..is this normal? not sure..some help please.thanks
CPU: i7 7700k
GPU: EVGA 1080ti Kingpin
Ram: GSkill TridentZRGB 2x8 3200mhz
cooler: NZKT kraken x52
Psu: EVGA G2L 850watt
HD1: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB
HD2: WDCB 1T
HD3: WDCB 4T
Case: HAFX
9 REPLIES 9

HiVizMan
Level 40
Do you possibly mean the driver? I would not suggest you try to flash the BIOS for a graphic card unless you are a very experienced PC user.

Do you possibly mean driver? That is the software that you install to get the best performance from your graphic card, if yes you can simply go here and download the correct driver for your OS and graphic card.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/auto_detect.aspx

Regards
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

i meen the bios..on this site under downloads there is bios,vga and utilitys..i click bios and download the newer bios..and i extract the zip click the exe and it gives me the error meesage......display drivers i allready have from the amd website.but what i as asking is since this is a asus card am i sapost to just install the asus display drivers (vga) insted of the amd ones.im not sure

HiVizMan
Level 40
No you can and should download the AMD drivers. They are the up to date drives.

As to the BIOS you wish to download and install. The BIOS will change the upper limits of your graphic cards settable frequency. Are you planning on going cold with Liquid Nitrogen? If not then I seriously doubt you will come close to maxing out your current clock settings 😉

But if you do want to flash your BIOS that is of course your right and your decision to make. I take it you are selecting the correct BIOS for your graphic card as there are two BIOS in that folder. And have you updated your iTracker before you tried to flash to the new BIOS?

If you have done both then I am at a loss why your BIOS is not updating.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

o i see i havent installd the itracker yet beacuse i though i had to update the bios first..and i dont play on liquid nitrgen.lol thing is iv had this card for a long time but i only just noticed the temprature when i was gameing so i thought maybe it was somthing to do with not having the up to date bios.. since my load temp was 80c and gettin higher..thats why i was asking. so im sapost to install i tracker for this thing otherwise it dose not work properly?? up until now im only used amd
suite.

HiVizMan
Level 40
If your temps are getting high and you have had the card for some time - what I would do is look at the fan and the heat sink. Often dust builds up and the effects of dust and cooling are quite extreme. Give the card a good spring clean and you will see a huge difference in temps.

iv never cleand it to the point were i take the card out..how do i go about doing it? am isapos to unscrew the fan plate of to get to the dust or what..not sure. thanks again for replying

HiVizMan
Level 40
No stress mate. Sorry I could not get back to you last night, us old folks need our sleep 🙂

Most of the time you just have to carefully remove the card from the system and blow the dust off. A visual inspection will confirm if it is very bad and clogged the fins of the cooler, and then a more vigorous clean is needed. But for now 5 Star Air Duster Can is perfect for the job - should be able to pick it up on line or at Tesco even. £2.50 give or take a few p.

hahha well i ended up taking the card out unscrewing it and going on some mission with dismantling the hole thing to get to the heatsink had to use oil on some of the heatsink screws because thay would not budge.cleand out all the dust then put it bk together again took me a long time this was a first time for me oporationg on a gpu.lol anywaz dispite my mission it still gos to 80c after about 10 mins when runnning crysis 2..it dosent crash though...maybe this is normal temps for load on ultra dx11 settings. i dunno :S anyawz im faced with a new problem not gpu related so im gona make a new thread for it but if anyon knows if 80c is normal for a load temp on this please let me no

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah that is about right. Mid 70's to mid 80's under load depending on your ambient.