cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JH -Fans cooling at 100% all the time, even on battery

Retired
Not applicable
Hello!
Following Problem: I tried to flash the BIOS from 209 to 211. After that, the NB wont start anymore. So i send it to repair and it come back with Bios 211, but now the right fan blows at 100% all the time, even on battery mode. I tried the normal vbios and the 93 version normal/overclocker, but that dont fix the problem. Which Software is responsible for controlling the fans? Bios, vBios, ATI Software or ASUS Power4Gear?
Thanks!

Edit: I checked again, both fans cooling at 100% short time after the system starts.

Edit2: I installed the ASUS NB Probe Software which says that the processortemperatur is critical and the fans are at full power. I checked the temperature with "core temp" and all cores are between 32-42°C idle. I dont think thats critical.

Another thing is that TurboBoost seems not to work. The Mini Gadget from Intel says its all the time at 1.6ghz, no matter what i do or in which mode i am (normal/twinturbo). And CPU-Z says the same. The processorspeed dont change, no matter what.

Does anybody have an idea?
1 REPLY 1

Retired
Not applicable
Same As Mine.

Maybe faulty motherboard Thermal Sensor.

I think failed reading Motherboard temperature caused fan always running at 100% and prevent turbo boost, If you want to enable Turbo Boost you can use ThrottleStop Application, just googling it.