cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75 - Something loose inside?

Yawnas
Level 7
Hello!

I just got my G75 some 2 days ago. I've been playing battlefield 3 and have been keeping it on my desk. But just now I tried to
move it and I heard something rattle inside. At the back by the fans. It mooved horrizontally, right side (looking at the screen).
I dont want to open it up cuz of the warranty.

Also I live in sweden, I tried to navigate on asus website but it seemed very vauge. What do I do if I want to give it to asus for
repair or something simular. Seems like I would be breaking warranty agreement if I turn it to another computer company that
isnt "asus authorized staff".

I've never owned a laptop before is it normal...? (although it dosent sound very good)

What sould I do?

Many thanks.
15 REPLIES 15

dstrakele
Level 14
The G75 is designed to be opened by users to upgrade HDD's, RAM, and clean out the exhaust fans without voiding the warranty. Follow the instructions in your manual to open it up and recover the loose piece.

If that fails (or you just don't feel comfortable doing it), I recommend contacting your retailer to see if you can exchange it for a new unit.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi

I'm not sure what that rattle thing could be, so the best for you is to go back to the store and exchange your unit for a new one. They shall not talk you into a RMA then this is your problem and it isn't.
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

Well I opened it up and something fell out. It was a very small cylinder shape, almost like a cone silver thing... hollow. Should
I worry? haha.

Ps when I got up I heard something else rattle and I went FML. But that was just one of the hinches to the hatch from when I opend it up.

edit: ha dont mind the title I ****ed up the post xD

dstrakele
Level 14
Post a picture of the piece...
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

The black piece belongs to the back door so I dont really care about that. It´s the silver/grey thing... I mean It dosent look electrical and i believe the computer is working in good shape. but still u know 😛

chrsplmr
Level 18
If taking that to the retailer is an option .. by all means take it back. and exchange it.

Welcome. You are one of the first to post on the G75 .. other than this .. junk in it..
what are your first impressions ... mini review it for us please .. what u think ?

Aras
Level 7
Exactly, Do you have 660M or 670M? maybe some benchmarks?

Yeah I'm not a hardcore gamer or anything I dont really know what benchmark is haha.

I can play Bf3 on ultra settings with good fps. Maybe if you look for it you will notice the lesser fps a bit. The design is awesome, really like the big vents at the back. It's really silent and its in generall very cool. It gets pretty hot around the battery area when playing bf3.

other than the... loose bit. I'm really happy about it. It comes with 2 year global warranty so I'm not worried just dissepointed.

I have the 670m. I red that europe it focusing on keeping the G75 with 670 and not 660. the 670 has better "raw power" I believe but the 660 will be better soon when driver updates comes out for it due to it's kepplar design. But if your not a hardcore gamer you probably wont notice it.
The battery is about 3 hours... but if you even look at it, it will drop to about 2.5 hours.

Has 3d vision, if you care about that sort of thing.
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Asus-G75V-Notebook.73636.0.html

I belive this review is fairly acurate, but if you want to know more I'll do my best to awnser your question.

And I apologize for the poor english.

Aras
Level 7
Thanks for your opinion, i guess i will take version with 660M and we will see....