cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Radeon HD 7850 - Has it been deactivated?

GOR52
Level 10
I heard the Asus Radeon HD 7850 has been deactivated due to the cooler being way to big for the card.

Apparently a smaller cooler will be used. Anybody can confirm this?
6 REPLIES 6

Retired
Not applicable
Its i kinda long....... hey the card got a tail......

whats wrong with 55c , full load?..

GOR52
Level 10
These cards will be on my shores in two or 3 weeks. I don't mind the longer cooler, but I need to know if they are going to change it.
It is all a matter of space concerns.
But they are good overclockers thanks to the GNC.

GOR52
Level 10
Strange...nobody from ASUS answered my post.

You place a 7870 cooler on a 7850...it seems a rush job.
Asus cards are good, but they are pricey. And now they look terrible!!

Look here;

7850 (The cooler is longer than the PCB)

7850 (Back side. Does it look like a ASUS card?)

7870 (Looks fine)

Must I show you how the 7850 looks from the top? (try to look from you chassis side window....
You should have made a proper cooler for the 7850 (there was plenty time to plan it) or, you should have annexed a false PCB piece to have the same size of the cooler.

GOR52
Level 10
I really like Asus products and have been convincing myself to buy only Asus (mobos, gpus, monitors).

It is almost unbearable to have to wait for your products to arrive at this part of world...I mean, I can certainly bet that most of the gpu's released worlwide have been available here for a while...but Asus 7800 (yes, I'm part of the 99%) are not even visible on the horizon...frustrating, the least.

And it would have been nice from Asus to reply to my initial concerns in this thread...but alas, absolute silence...

I'm still a believer in your products ( I don't know how long this is going to last), but I'm having doubts regarding your services, including PR...
I would like to make a proposal...since your 7850 looks crap with that 7870 cooler (you see, I can't afford better than that), I propose the following: I will pay for the value of a 7850 and you send me a 7870 (yeah, I would love to have just one of the 7900's)...You don't have to reply here, just send me a PM.

Is that a deal?

HiVizMan
Level 40
hehehe can I have the same deal as him?

Gor52 I do not think that there are any of the VGA staff that come to this forum at all. The only person from the HQ building is the forum admin I think. Some of the @ASUS people are actually from the US office and they are a separate entity from HQ in Taiwan. So from a VGA perspective we are sort of on our own.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
hehehe can I have the same deal as him?

Gor52 I do not think that there are any of the VGA staff that come to this forum at all. The only person from the HQ building is the forum admin I think. Some of the @ASUS people are actually from the US office and they are a separate entity from HQ in Taiwan. So from a VGA perspective we are sort of on our own.

Yeah, time to send another mail to TW.