cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problems with g75v

calisto321
Level 7
hi, i recently bought a g75v and have 2 problems with it. first problem is the subwoofer, i hear not only bass with it but also higher frequency, so the sound tends to be leftsided which is annoying.
also i have problem with the keyboard lightning, first it was on, but now i cant turn it on anymore. i used the function keys to change brightness but it just stays off.
any help for those 2 problems would be appreciated, otherwise the notebook is running great.
30 REPLIES 30

fuzon1337
Level 10
Hi and Welcome to the ROG forum! 🙂

About the sound issue, I'm not sure how to fix that. Do you use the THX TrueStudio?

The KB lights, I have two suggestions for that:

Use Windows Restore Point, and restore your notebook back to the time when it worked

Go to Asus support choose your version of Win7 OS, then go to utilities, download the driver named this: ATKACPI driver and hotkey-related utilities V.1.0.0016. Uninstall the ATK package you have, reboot, install the new ATK package, reboot, done.

The KB lights does flash when the Asus splash screen shows up during bootup ?
Asus G73SW-91058V 3D
- Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300
- BIOS 205

thanks for your reply, i was able to fix it by simply rebooting...
but the soundproblem with the subwoofer seems to be a problem many are having.
on a website reviewing the g75v the tester mentioned the same problem, seems to be a driver problem.
anyone else who bought a g75v, having success with a solution?
also, did anyone get a reply from g75@asus.com because of the free download code for ghost recon?
it seems there is a limited offer where when you buy the g75v before the 31/may you get a code to download the game for free, but i am still waiting for a reply.
anyways i am happy, skyrim runs on everything maxed without throtteling or loud sound from the coolers.
need to install bf3 so see if it performs also that well under more load.

irdmoose
Level 10
From my experience with my G73, it took a while (about two months) for Asus to ship a new bios/firmware/driver combination that fixed my G73's subwoofer overdriving. My guess is this is a similar issue, and will likely take a similar amount of time.

Daylife
Level 9
calisto321 wrote:
hi, i recently bought a g75v and have 2 problems with it. first problem is the subwoofer, i hear not only bass with it but also higher frequency, so the sound tends to be leftsided which is annoying.
also i have problem with the keyboard lightning, first it was on, but now i cant turn it on anymore. i used the function keys to change brightness but it just stays off.
any help for those 2 problems would be appreciated, otherwise the notebook is running great.

Hmm i just got the G75 and it seems like the subwoofer isnt even kicking in...but when i do a TEST on the VIA HD Deck it kicks in... and all the sound seems to be coming from the left side only.

try to see if changing to 2.1 in audio settings enables your subwoofer. i read in a review that fixed it.

try to see if changing to 2.1 in audio settings enables your subwoofer. i read in a review that fixed it.

calisto321 wrote:

I'm experiencing the same audio issue where it sounds like everything's coming out of the left side and I can only really tell that the subwoofer kicks in when i'm running the test in the VIA HD Audio Deck. As for the suggestion to change to 2.1 in audio settings - isn't it already enabled by default? It didn't seem to change anything for me.
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55

it seems you have the same problem as me, subwoofer overdriving, thus sound coming from the leftside. there doesnt seem to be a solution for it sadly. someone posted above asus took 2 months to fix it on a previous notebookmodel with similat problem.

calisto321 wrote:
it seems you have the same problem as me, subwoofer overdriving, thus sound coming from the leftside. there doesnt seem to be a solution for it sadly. someone posted above asus took 2 months to fix it on a previous notebookmodel with similat problem.

Hopefully they can move a little quicker this round since they already had a similar problem on the previous notebook model...
G75VW-BBK5 (Stock configuration with added Crucial M4 256GB SATA SSD as OS boot drive)

Need to know how to restore your G75 to it's factory-like condition? Go to my step-by-step guide:
Step-by-Step: Using ASUS Recovery DVDs to Restore G75

Want to download the latest drivers and utilities for your G75/G55? Go to this thread:
Downloading New Drivers/Utilities for G75/G55