Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rampage IV Gene RAID problem

Well that is not a problem, or I hope it is not.

F8 and select your RAID as the first boot.

New ROGer Array

I had already set the raid as the default boot drive. I even tried the Boot Override option, no such luck.

I have given up for the time being. I might try again after the next BIOS update, but I am losing my mind trying to sort this out.

The setup is great, even without the SSDs in RAID 0, but I wish the %^& thing would do what I want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatge View Post
    but I wish the %^& thing would do what I want it to.
    LOL me to mate me to.

If I have a couple of hours on the test bench tomorrow I will put a RIVG and a 3820 on see what is going on with RAID0

New ROGer Array

Success!!

I decided to create a Win7 EFI installation USB, just for feces and grins...

I moved all the data I care about to an external HDDs, formatted and then secure erased all 5 of my HDDs (2x Vertex3s, VelociRaptor, Caviar Black, SpinPoint F3). Then I cracked a beer and tried to install Windows via EFI...it worked!

After a week of fighting, Frankenstein is alive the way I wanted to to be...in a RAID 0. Time to celebrate (more beer).

Cheers!

Tatge cheers to you mate. Have a beer on me too.

Well done.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Tatge View Post
    I decided to create a Win7 EFI installation USB, just for feces and grins...

I moved all the data I care about to an external HDDs, formatted and then secure erased all 5 of my HDDs (2x Vertex3s, VelociRaptor, Caviar Black, SpinPoint F3). Then I cracked a beer and tried to install Windows via EFI...it worked!

After a week of fighting, Frankenstein is alive the way I wanted to to be...in a RAID 0. Time to celebrate (more beer).

Cheers!
    How did you get it to work? I also did win7 efi usb installation. Still did not work for me. i still get an error where it tells you i cant install unsigned drivers bull...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array m.oreilly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skyyless View Post
    How did you get it to work? I also did win7 efi usb installation. Still did not work for me. i still get an error where it tells you i cant install unsigned drivers bull...
    you answered your inquiry there. use signed F6 rst c600 ahci driver. you can monkey around trying to insert non whql, but that's a waste of time as you can 'update' after install. i use 1155 platform drivers, but install using the latest whql rste F6 ahci driver.
    Asus Rampage IV GENE
    i7 3930k @ 4.8 24/7
    custom loop
    16 gigs Trident X
    HIS HD7970
    2x OCZ Vector 256gb raid0 via UEFI
    Crossover 27Q
    Win8 pro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2