cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage 3 Problems with EATX12V and EZ-Plugs

Retired
Not applicable
Hi there Rampage 3 Extreme Buddys . As in Topic destribet got a little problem , see :
If i connect all The EATX12V ( Those 2 x 8 Pins near CPU ) The System wont boot ( as soon as i power the System Q_LED Cpu light up Red imediantly ) . If i plug out 1 of those to EATX12V´s so only 1 is installed the System boots .

A similar thing happend to me with those two EZ-Plugs . Installed all 2 of them yesterday just for some testing . System worked pretty good . And that morning i wanted to Power System but again Q-LED Cpu lighted up Red , so i plugged all out again so that the only ones connected was the Large EATX one and 1 of the EATX12V´s and it booted again .

Ive tested another CPU , same problems with it ....

My System is :

Corsair 1000W Psu
2 x Asus GTX 580
Fatal1ty Soundcard
Core i7 950
Corsair 1600MHZ DDR3 (8-8-8-24 ones )

Maybee some of you guys can help me out 😉

Regards !
10 REPLIES 10

KILLER_K
Level 10
Sounds weird indeed. But it should work either way though. I only use the one to the right side of the board. As i don't see no need to feed it both lines unless you are fixing to do some insane overclocking, ln2, dice, etc and you need more power to the cpu. But i will connect my other 8 pin and see if i have any issues and report back.

Edit:
Mine works fine with both 8 pins plugged in. Also did a 8 & 4 also. Rebooted a few times did some stress test and everything was fine. Since you said you changed the cpu and it is still doing it. Have you tried a different power supply and seen what happens? Even though the hx1000 is just two 500 watts in one shell it wouldn't hurt to try another one.

Retired
Not applicable
First of all thanks mate for trying it out on your board and reporting back .
Well got no other PSU here , but i ordered another Rampage III Extreme should be arive today , will check if it works now .
If not i guess its probably a PSU Problem huh ? But cant realy Imagine that the Corsair PSU is the Problem ....

Regards !

KILLER_K
Level 10
Well you will know for sure when the other board gets then. But stranger things has happened the the pc hardware world. I hope it maybe just a bad board and not the power supply also. Good luck and keep us informed.

Retired
Not applicable
Thank you again M8 . Well just finished testing things with the new Board . Happend again . Pluggend realy everything in and Q_LED Cpu light up Red again . Plugged 1 of the EATX 12V´s out and all fine .... but cant realy imagine that its the problem of the corsair PSU , but logical thinked , it have to be the PSU .... Nothing else would make sense i guess . Any other Suggestions are always welcome !

Regards

There is no reason for you to be using dual 12v plugs unless you require an insane amount of voltage for your OC and require phase changing. You should only be using 1 plug, so I wouldn't really worry about it.
Intel Core i7 5930K @ 4.8GHz, Asus Rampave V Extreme U3.1, Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz 32GB DDR4 ( 4x8GB ), Nvidia GeForce Titan-X SLI, Creative Labs E3 USB Soundcard, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB M.2 NVME, Corsair AXi 1500i PSU, Corsair 900D, Corsair K95 RGB Keyboard, Logitech Proteus Core Mouse, Acer Predator X34 @ 100Hz, Sennheiser Gamer Zero, Windows 10 Professional

Hapatingjaky wrote:
There is no reason for you to be using dual 12v plugs unless you require an insane amount of voltage for your OC and require phase changing. You should only be using 1 plug, so I wouldn't really worry about it.

Thats good to know. My power supply wires come up a little short to reach these plugs when the wires are routed behind the motherboard tray. I might be able to reach EATX12V_1 (its going to be close), but EATX12V_2 is definately too far. I just assumed the board needed both plugs. The way the manual reads it seems you would need both.

Thanks

icecube
Level 7
To me it sounds like a problem with your PSU, even thought it works with only 1 plug, you may want to try another PSU and get it replaced if it indeed has a problem.

Retired
Not applicable
Well sorted it out now , seems to be a psu problem . Plugged in and out a few´s on the PSU and worked here and there depending on what i plugged in and out on the PSU . But never thougth that a PSU like Corsair 1000Watts will get such problems .... well maybee it was a monday Production . Ordered a new Corsair 1200 Watt Psu now , lets see how that Thing works , Maybee i can put all my Hardware in my Case finaly ~.~ . Thanks for your help m8´s !

Retired
Not applicable
and you doubted ROG quality?!!! jk, did you try testing each plug in both slots to see maybe that cable to the rail may be a defect? allll products have the potential of being defective no matter how good their reputation is. its just the nature of products. hope the new psu works out