cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re4 mobo overclocking 64 gig ram issues , pc freezing

tarekhaig
Level 7
Hey all how r u ? I have 64 gig of ram installed kingston hyper x genesis cl11 on my re4 extreme it shows in my windows its 16 gig where did the 48 go can i use all 64 rams for my pc how do i retrieve them i heard that u need to change voltage i dunno how any guide ? My cpu is an i7 3960x my bios is updated to the latest firmware help plz , one more thing i was getting blu screens i dunno y but now no , also when i was installing the nvidia driver that game with my vga card my pc froze any solutions ?one more the everything on my for power connectors is connected even the pcie and stiffy floppy cable thx pps much help would be appreciated
10 REPLIES 10

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please list the part number for you kit or ram.

Is your ram one 64GB kit or is it made up of many smaller kits? Please list the part number for each kit.

And go have a look in the Rampage sub-forum, there are many many guides.http://rog.asus.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?115-Rampage-Series-Motherboards
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Kit of 32 twice CL 11 dimms 2133 mhz 8x4 maybe because ive put them by order ?

What happens is that i need like two dimms to get a 4 gig weird

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please test with one kit, and see if the full 32GB is being recognised and if you are able to run the XMP profile with that one kit.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I have them on the red slots it shows 8 gigs now how to access xmp?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please post a link to the kits of ram you are using.

You access XMP in the BIOS, it is on the main over-clocking page. If you are unsure about the BIOS you should read the BIOS guide http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?5836-ASUS-Rampage-IV-Extreme-Easy-Overclock-Guide&country=&...

That will help you a lot 🙂

Especially in understanding where things are and how to use them.

HiVizMan
Level 40
OK what you have are 4 sticks of ram. Each stick of ram is 2GB in size.

That is why you have to put 2 sticks to see 4GB in ram.

So when you see 16GB you are seeing all your ram. 8 sticks of ram each of 2GB in size.

If that is the kit of ram you are using and you have two kits. You do not have 64GB or ram.

Description: 8GB 2133MHz DDR3 Non-ECC CL11 DIMM (Kit of 4) XMP
Detailed Specifications: Standard 256M X 64 Non-ECC 2133MHz 240-pin Unbuffered DIMM (DDR3, 1.65V, CL11, FBGA, Gold) (Datasheet)
Mfgr's System P/N's: N/A
Form Factor: Memory Module
Pieces/Unit: 4 (Four 2GB modules, totaling 8GB)

I guess i got ripped 😞 ah well btw is 16 gb enough for gaming or 64 gb?can they be overclocked to 2400 ? If yes is there any guide ?