+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Asus Rampage iv Extreme - EZ Plugs

Asus Rampage iv Extreme - EZ Plugs

I am quite sure that this may have been asked about in the past, so if this is the case just please direct to the answer and I'll try and stumble on from there.

The Asus rampage iv extreme has 2 ez plug sockets. one is for a 6 pin plug to supply additional power when using 4xgpus. the other is to supply additional power to dimms. The manual makes no reference to the type of plugs that go in these sockets, nor could i find anything on the asus website.

For example, the 6 pin socket could take one side of a 4+4 plug or it an take a 6 pin plug similar to that which goes to the gpu cards. Both of these have different pin outs where the 12v and 0v rails are on opposite sides when compared to each other.

The 4 pin male socket on the board has a plastic backing that i am not familiar with (just looks like a thin plastic wall) and I cannot readily match it to most known cables (it may be that it does but i just cannot see the matching female plug).

rgds

ROG Guru: Diamond Belt Zka17 +150 Zka17 +150 Zka17's Avatar

Well, if you have a 6 pin socket, then you will connect a 6 pin plug - and not the half of the 4+4 plug... Those connectors are designed pretty foolproof, so just connect the plug which matches the socket! I guess, you can use, for the 4 pin male socket, the floppy power connector - should be part of one of the PSU cables (if not, you just need and extension/converting cable).

Super Moderator HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan +200 HiVizMan's Avatar

The 6 Pin EZ Plug is a PCIe connector

The 4 Pin EX Plug is the old stiffy drive connector that is most often found at the end of a molex 4way connector cable.

Quote Originally Posted by HiVizMan View Post
    The 6 Pin EZ Plug is a PCIe connector

The 4 Pin EX Plug is the old stiffy drive connector that is most often found at the end of a molex 4way connector cable.
    re 6 pin EZ Plug ... thankyou

re 4 pin EZ Plug ... not sure what you mean ... sorry

Does this ring a bell?

Attachment 8493

As HiVizMan said, at the newer PSUs this connector usually is at the end of one of molex connector (those bigger 4 pin things) cables...

ROG Enthusiast Anicra +10 Anicra's Avatar

It is an old floppy disk power plug. Do I win?

Yeap, that's the answer to mentalblock's question!

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    Does this ring a bell?

Attachment 8493

As HiVizMan said, at the newer PSUs this connector usually is at the end of one of molex connector (those bigger 4 pin things) cables...
    yes it does...

Quote Originally Posted by Anicra View Post
    It is an old floppy disk power plug. Do I win?
    it's a very start ... thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Zka17 View Post
    Yeap, that's the answer to mentalblock's question!
    thank you

it appears as though just thank you is to short a phrase for the system to accept ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast