Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgrading the G75VW

ROG Member Array

however on my second boot...

all the time on the second boot the ssd will be detected and everything is totally fine.

there's got to be wrong with something ssd or the g75 itself...anyone? Oh and I have swapped the drives and the results are the same.

ROG Member Array

however on my second boot...

all the time on the second boot the ssd will be detected and everything is totally fine.

there's got to be wrong with something ssd or the g75 itself...anyone? Oh and I have swapped the drives and the results are the same.

ROG Member Array

Okay.. good thing I have a force gt on my problematic ROG Maximus extreme z(that's why I bought a g75), both ssd's were plugged in however ocz vertex 4 still failed as a primary drive making the force gt to boot up... this is on first boot... on second boot that's when the ocz boot's up... RMA time... will never buy an OCZ again... my apologies corsair you have never failed me before.

P.S. been trying to delete the double post I don't know why it won't.

New ROGer Array

What memory do you suggest when upgrading the G75VW?

If upgrading the G75VW with as much memory possible, what memory do you suggest?

Any kind of DDR3 SO-DIMM 1600MHz 204pin? CL9 or CL11?
    Max 4GB in each slot, or is 8GB also compatible?
    What is preinstalled in the "hidden slots"?

I'm considering the G75VW-T1134V configuration with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M and 1x4GB and 1x2GB memory preinstalled because I want to upgrade to two Corsair SSD disks (or one SSD and one HHD) and maximum memory stright away

Gaming is not the main purpose, but image editing working with huge files.
    Last edited by NilsErik; 08-18-2012 at 10:59 PM.

New ROGer Array

Just found a 8GB (2x4GB) configuration...

Just found another configuration with the GeForce GTX 660M graphic card and 8GB memory (2x4GB) for the same price. Guess that one is better for upgrade Planning for a Corsair Force Series GT 240GB for OS and programs, and a Western Digital® Mobile Green 2TB for filestorage. Guess that will both opt for power savings and a more quiet system. Original HHD will be used for OS backup.

But still - what memory to fill the two empty slots? Some kind of 2x8GB option? Upgrading OS in the future will make use of it. At time of purchase Win 7 Home Premium is a bottleneck...

ROG Member Array

Unhappy G75 memory upgrade problems

Model G75VW ss71-cbil
    When i put new memory into the slots under the cover it does one of 2 things. It either won't start or it doesn't recognize the memory. If anything is installed in the slot closet to computer only the power light and a couple others on the front come on and then powers done after about 15 seconds. When only the one nearest the cover has a stick installed I get that "windows didn't start properly message" but will restart if I hit start normally (won't finish if windows tries to fix the problem). It then only shows 8gb not the 12 installed. Memory is "Crucial" 4gb DDR3 Ram 1066 204Pin. Windows 7 Home Premium. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Super Moderator Array Zygomorphic's Avatar
    In the Orion arm of a spiral galaxy in the Local Group...

You need 1600 MHz RAM. That is what your system uses.
    I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
    We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee!
    LINUX Users, we have a group!
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

ROG Member Array

k thanks i'll exchange this and try tomorrow.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array GottiBoi55's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daffydavid View Post
    Model G75VW ss71-cbil
    When i put new memory into the slots under the cover it does one of 2 things. It either won't start or it doesn't recognize the memory. If anything is installed in the slot closet to computer only the power light and a couple others on the front come on and then powers done after about 15 seconds. When only the one nearest the cover has a stick installed I get that "windows didn't start properly message" but will restart if I hit start normally (won't finish if windows tries to fix the problem). It then only shows 8gb not the 12 installed. Memory is "Crucial" 4gb DDR3 Ram 1066 204Pin. Windows 7 Home Premium. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

your problem is that you installed the wrong memory.
    you need to install DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM CL 11, and that should solve your problem.
    But why not go all the way and install 8 Gigs and max out the memory, you will see a 'BIG" difference with twice the memory
    GottiBoi55
    Asus
    G750JZ-DS71 Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)
    Intel® Core™ i7 4700HQ (2.40GHz)
    Samsung
    24GB Memory DDR3 1600 MHz SDRAM
    SanDisk
    M.2 SSD 2x128GB in Raid 0 / WD-HGST-1TB HDD 7500-RPM
    NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 880M 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM
    Second Monitor: Shar
    p Aquos 32"

Platinum Guru ROG Array chrsplmr's Avatar

Since your going all the way .. are you sure it is cl11 and not cl9 ?
    I cant find it right at this moment .. but I am positive this was the concencus .. of Best.c.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast