cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard Drives removable using the Safely Remove Hardware function in Windows

Retired
Not applicable
I have installed 2 WD hard drives both 6.0Gbs on the Rampage III MB. Both connected to the Sata 6.0Gb slots. The problem I am having is that Windows 7 is allowing me to Safely remove these devices and I do not want this to be an option. Are the 6.0GB connections E-Sata and if I use them to get the full 6.0 capacity from the hard drives will I have to deal with the removability issue? If I connect to the other Sata slots will I have to live with the lower pass thru rates?
1 REPLY 1

martin_metal_88
Level 8
First of all, you will never run near 6Gbps, this is a theorical speed. For your issue of removable HDD, go in your bios and see if the hot swap fonction is enable on your sata3 controller. The other choice would be that the controller used by this mobo is acting like a USB for some reason that the engineer decided. But that would be dumb and not really plausible.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!