+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sound still coming out from speakers with headphones plugged in

New ROGer bObaBaLLa +10

Sound still coming out from speakers with headphones plugged in

I have the G75VW-AS71 (Amazon model) and am having an issue with the sound sometimes. The sound still comes out of the speakers when I plug in headphones. If I click on the speaker icon to mute it and then unmute it, then the sound only comes out of the headphones as intended. I couldn't find any setting that would disable the speakers if headphones are plugged in.

The driver I have for the VIA Audio Deck is current, according to the ones available on the ASUS Driver Page for the G75VW.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Holy +10

I'll attempt to duplicate it when i get home.
    G75vw DS71
    3610QM I7
    16GB Ram 1600mhz
    750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
    Nvidia gtx 660m
    Purple Keyboard mod
    Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

ROG Enthusiast OldNESJunkie +10

Dunno if it'll be the same or not, but with my G74SX I started having that issues out of the blue about a month ago. I ended up d/l the latest drivers for the audio from the manufacturer site instead of ASUS, fixed my issue. I had done a fresh Win7 install, used the drivers from the ASUS site which didn't work for some reason.

There is another thread that is dealing with audio issues in greater detail, but I assume this is a by-product of the fact that the sub woofer is being used when in headphone mode. You might want to turn off MonoBass (Windows Audio Settings) or LFE slider to 0 if using the VIA Deck software.

If it's just 1 point above off, you'll most likely get sound out of the sub woofer. I think I noticed that as apart of my testing last night trying to narrow down the audio issues that some of us have noticed.

~ TD

TeamROG Moderator xeromist +100 xeromist +100 xeromist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldNESJunkie View Post
    Dunno if it'll be the same or not, but with my G74SX I started having that issues out of the blue about a month ago. I ended up d/l the latest drivers for the audio from the manufacturer site instead of ASUS, fixed my issue. I had done a fresh Win7 install, used the drivers from the ASUS site which didn't work for some reason.
    +1
    I've had an issue with sound out of both on my G73 and it was because I had old drivers.

ASUS Maximus IV GENE-Z Intel 2600K DangerDen cooling 8GB G.Skill Trident
    ASUS GTX670 Patriot PyroSE SSD Antec Signature 650 PSU Antec Mini P180 [ ASUS G73JH ]

Folding@Home - Join us!

Not Fully Qualified WhitePaw +150 WhitePaw +150 WhitePaw's Avatar

Shrooms?.............?

ROG Enthusiast blixel +10

Quote Originally Posted by bObaBaLLa View Post
    I have the G75VW-AS71 (Amazon model) and am having an issue with the sound sometimes. The sound still comes out of the speakers when I plug in headphones. If I click on the speaker icon to mute it and then unmute it, then the sound only comes out of the headphones as intended. I couldn't find any setting that would disable the speakers if headphones are plugged in.

The driver I have for the VIA Audio Deck is current, according to the ones available on the ASUS Driver Page for the G75VW.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
    Yes - having the exact same problem with the exact same laptop. (G75VW-AS71 from Amazon)

Are you also experiencing "random audio and graphic spikes"?

New ROGer zac31 +10

I am also experiencing this. What i do is, Go to speaker properties and on enhancements tab uncheck the 2.1 channel.

New ROGer bObaBaLLa +10

Quote Originally Posted by zac31 View Post
    I am also experiencing this. What i do is, Go to speaker properties and on enhancements tab uncheck the 2.1 channel.
    That disables the subwoofer though, right? That is an unacceptable "workaround".

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Holy +10

Yes that would disable it. Supposivly there is a new driver out try that?
    G75vw DS71
    3610QM I7
    16GB Ram 1600mhz
    750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
    Nvidia gtx 660m
    Purple Keyboard mod
    Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast