cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound still coming out from speakers with headphones plugged in

bObaBaLLa
Level 7
I have the G75VW-AS71 (Amazon model) and am having an issue with the sound sometimes. The sound still comes out of the speakers when I plug in headphones. If I click on the speaker icon to mute it and then unmute it, then the sound only comes out of the headphones as intended. I couldn't find any setting that would disable the speakers if headphones are plugged in.

The driver I have for the VIA Audio Deck is current, according to the ones available on the ASUS Driver Page for the G75VW.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?
27 REPLIES 27

Holy
Level 7
I'll attempt to duplicate it when i get home.
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

OldNESJunkie
Level 7
Dunno if it'll be the same or not, but with my G74SX I started having that issues out of the blue about a month ago. I ended up d/l the latest drivers for the audio from the manufacturer site instead of ASUS, fixed my issue. I had done a fresh Win7 install, used the drivers from the ASUS site which didn't work for some reason.

There is another thread that is dealing with audio issues in greater detail, but I assume this is a by-product of the fact that the sub woofer is being used when in headphone mode. You might want to turn off MonoBass (Windows Audio Settings) or LFE slider to 0 if using the VIA Deck software.

If it's just 1 point above off, you'll most likely get sound out of the sub woofer. I think I noticed that as apart of my testing last night trying to narrow down the audio issues that some of us have noticed.

~ TD

OldNESJunkie wrote:
Dunno if it'll be the same or not, but with my G74SX I started having that issues out of the blue about a month ago. I ended up d/l the latest drivers for the audio from the manufacturer site instead of ASUS, fixed my issue. I had done a fresh Win7 install, used the drivers from the ASUS site which didn't work for some reason.

+1
I've had an issue with sound out of both on my G73 and it was because I had old drivers.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Good new for me than, i have now gone thur it more than 10 times, and it is still ok.

May be i got a good one??????:)
G75vw-91132v 🙂
i7 3610QM
16 GB SDRAM
GTX 670M
17.3" FHD 3D LED Backlight
1x 240gb Intel 520 1x 1TB 5400rpm

waynes26 wrote:
Good new for me than, i have now gone thur it more than 10 times, and it is still ok.

May be i got a good one??????:)

dont be to sure about that bro, my g55 i tried to replicate the problem over 20 to 30 times but the sound doesnt comes out from the speakers when headphone attached..i was on cloud nine thinking that i got a good unit..all of a sudden, 3 days ago, the issue occured, i unplugged the hesdpones and attached them again and the sound from the subwoofer dissapear..then i tried to replicate again but didnt occur after that and since i updated my drivers..guess what im trying to tell it thats is occurs randomly due to driver issue..issue happened to me once and only once 🙂

Hi

I had a go at trying to replicate the isue. But mine appears to be working ok.

This is what i did.
Play song can hear thru all speakers.
Pluged in headphones, sound only thru headphones.
Put laptop to sleep
Woke it up started song again and sound only thru headphones.

If i mised something let me know and i will give it a go.
G75vw-91132v 🙂
i7 3610QM
16 GB SDRAM
GTX 670M
17.3" FHD 3D LED Backlight
1x 240gb Intel 520 1x 1TB 5400rpm

waynes26 wrote:

As others have said, it's intermittent.

waynes26 wrote:
Hi

I had a go at trying to replicate the isue. But mine appears to be working ok.

This is what i did.
Play song can hear thru all speakers.
Pluged in headphones, sound only thru headphones.
Put laptop to sleep
Woke it up started song again and sound only thru headphones.

It is random problem - I can't find the exact pattern.

Another way I have seen this happen:

1.) put a DVD in - w/ headphones plugged in
2.)Watch DVD with windows media player
3.)pause DVD for 10-15 minutes
4.)hit play on windows media player (headphones still plugged in)
5.)audio comes out headphones as well as laptop speakers