cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 8GB RAM, wont boot..

Retired
Not applicable
Hi there!

Bought a new computer and a C IV F Motherboard and 2 packs w 4 GB 1333MHz Ram (Corsair) : "TW3X4G1333C9DHX", it's also listed in the vendor list. Still, 1 and 2 test boot was successful showing 8GB RAM in BIOS. But once i had installed Win7 P, i got a bluescreen. When trying to start it again, nothing happens. (black screen, nothing happening). Realizing that it might be the RAM i tried to switch place on 2 RAM bricks, the one at slot B1 i moved to A1 and A1 (probably a defect one now) to B1 and got a message the BIOS was corrupted, and he started to search for USB, CD -drives with another version of BIOS to "flash" with. If i change them back nothing happens at all. But, if i remove the RAM brick at B1 it starts booting without problem... :s Any one who know what it might be caused by?
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
Does that 2nd stick work if it is installed _by itself_ into A1? That was a test scenario you didn't list. You want to test both sticks by themselves to see if either of them is the issue or if you have a bad memory slot/controller problem.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
True, i forgot to write that.. yes i have tested all of them alone and 2 and 2.. and one RAM Brick is not working, but only after the bluescreen...
I don't know about the slots, but i find it very strange that a RAM Brick is dying after a bluescreen.

The RAM was bought from a retailer who had tested that setup and found it working.. (even tought it says in the list that "TW3X4G1333C9DHX" and 4DIMM's not is supported for that specific RAM).

The complete setup is:

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T
Corsair XMS3 DHX DDR3 1333MHz 8GB CL9
AMD Radeon HD 6950

if it helps...

xeromist
Sometimes memory just goes bad. If you put a single stick into your motherboard and can't even get it to boot then there isn't anything else you can do besides RMA it. If you could boot then you could load a CD with memtest 86 but when 3 work and 1 doesn't there is a clear problem.

The fact that it died after blue screen...well maybe it was damaged but not completely dead and when it heated up the damage was exacerbated.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…