cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M5G -> usb keep turning "on" after shut down

ecrush
Level 7
greeting,...
i recently brought M5G mobo for my new IVB rig, and fall in love with this little beast... but i belive it have annoying bug (kindda ..) -> the usb port will always supply power (vsb?) although the system has been shut down, even when i set "ErP ready" to "ENABLED" ... i know some ppl might want this feature (allways "on" usb power) to charge their ipod,tab ect2....

maybe you guys (asus rep) can fix this on next bios update, to cut down all the power to usb when we choose "ErP ready" to "ENABLED" otherwise we can simply choose "disabled" (to have powered usb ports after system shut down)
... or have i missing something on this particular usb behaviour ??

btw, i currently using bios 0881... and... "yes", i have try all the usb ports (even the usb 3.0 ports), all have the same "glitch"

regards,
ecrush
5 REPLIES 5

ecrush
Level 7
hello ?? anyone?

Shamino
hi its for people to use USB even with ERP requirements since the power is real low so it is given power

Shamino wrote:
hi its for people to use USB even with ERP requirements since the power is real low so it is given power

hi shamino, thank you for your attention..
in my circumtances, some of the usb device {eg: xbox360 wireless controller, 3g modem, some homemade/custom usb powered fans 😛 ect,ect...maybe, my wireless mouse receiver (sidewinder x8) is always on, who khow ? there is no LED indicator on it 😄 } keep turning on after shut down... asus have to realise there is someone like me who just don't want an "always on usb ports". IMHO there is no "GREEN" in that above scenario (if all the usb device is "always on").

i wonder if there a workaround to disable usb power when shut down (hidden jumper maybe? +5vsb <-> +5v) i prefer additional bios menu, not the extreme hard-mod like you usually do with your mobo hahaha..
or can i just pull off the +5vsb on 24pin power atx (i wonder if i ever get error code or something..)

atm, i just plug-unplug those device EVERYTIME, mann.. that booring (not to mention that my ex 😄 mobo -> the "P6TD DLX" has this "feature" too. :p)

best regards.

Raja
Level 13
Depends on PSU. If using ErP Enabled with some Corsair PSUs they will cut power to 5V completely. So depends how much 5V current your PSU gives with ErP. ErP directive allows up to 1w of AC draw, so some PSUs will supply enough current to power devices.

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Depends on PSU. If using ErP Enabled with some Corsair PSUs they will cut power to 5V completely. So depends how much 5V current your PSU gives with ErP. ErP directive allows up to 1w of AC draw, so some PSUs will supply enough current to power devices.

i see... thats answer to my (another) curiousity, my brohter happen using M4G-Z and it doesn't have that "always on usb" , for quite sometime i has been suspected the psu is the culprit. (thas how it gave me the idea to pull off the +5vsb on 24pin power cord 😛 that i mention before.. :D)

btw, my psu is corsair HX850W.... and my bro is using seasonic's x-660w

well, i conclude that i will do my usual daily plug-unplug for the forseable future.

thanks for yours attention. (raja@asus and shamino..)