cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing some options in BIOS (Z77 Sabertooth)

PaulZ
Level 7
I just got my Z77 sabertooth 2 days ago, I found that under the Ai Tweaker Menu, 3 options are missing. They are "Turbo Ratio", "internal PLL Overvoltage" and "CPU Bus speed : DRAM speed ratio mode".
Even I upgrade my BIOS, or Clear CMOS with jumper, these three options are still missing.

My situation just like this guy with his Maximus V Gene
http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?14008-HELP-Maximus-V-Gene-can-t-find-Turbo-Ratio

My build:
CPU: i5 2500k
Mother Board: ASUS Z77 Sabertooth
RAM: 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DD3 1866
Graphic card: ASUS ATi HD7870DirectCUII
SSD: Samsung 830 128GB

Hope someone can help. Thank you.
22 REPLIES 22

HiVizMan
Level 40
Did you flash your BIOS via the OS?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Did you flash your BIOS via the OS?

I tried to flash BIOS with ASUS EZ Flash 2 in BIOS and ASUS Update in OS, the update is sucessful but the options "Turbo Ratio" and "Internal PLL overvoltage" are still missing under the Ai Tweaker menu. No matter Ai Overclock Tuner is in Auto mode, Manual mode or XMP mode, the options are still missing.

PaulZ wrote:
I tried to flash BIOS with ASUS EZ Flash 2 in BIOS and ASUS Update in OS, the update is sucessful but the options "Turbo Ratio" and "Internal PLL overvoltage" are still missing under the Ai Tweaker menu. No matter Ai Overclock Tuner is in Auto mode, Manual mode or XMP mode, the options are still missing.

Yeah m8 mine are missing too =( and i cant even boot over 1333 and i have Gskill 2133

PaulZ wrote:

Thanks for the reply but it is still not clear where you did your BIOS flash. 🙂

This is a key question so please can you be specific.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:

Im sorry to get in the conversation mi friend but it seems we have the same problem and i did the same as im.

i think what is trying to say is that and i did the same

Flashed from ai suite II-Update tool
Tried also from bios EZ tool

and i dont know if he tried the bios flash back with the PEN on the bottom USB 3.0 but i tried and nothing =(
i just insert the bios on the Pen with nothing else

HiVizMan wrote:

I read a post of u i dont know in what section about saying to tri changing the CPU to get the setting back.
tomorrow i will go to my local store and i will give updates.

Same problem, anyone find a solution?

Dudaims wrote:
Yeah m8 mine are missing too =( and i cant even boot over 1333 and i have Gskill 2133

My 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DD3 1866 are now running in 1333 too.

HiVizMan wrote:

Firstly, I flash my BIOS to 0801 version with ASUS EZ Flash in BIOS. And then I flash my BIOS to 1015 version with ASUS Update in OS.

I find a new problem of my computer. When I shut down the computer, the monitor will turn off but the CPU fan is still running and power LED is still ON. I have to press the power button for few second to get it to shut down. I tried to disable the fan overtime setting but the computer still can not shut down properly.

Some of Sabertooth Z77 owners got same issue too. Here is the thread of Sabertooth Z77 owners.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1246595/official-asus-sabertooth-z77-owners-thread-club/350
post #354, post #355 and post #363, they have same shut down issue with me.

PaulZ wrote:
My 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DD3 1866 are now running in 1333 too.

Firstly, I flash my BIOS to 0801 version with ASUS EZ Flash in BIOS. And then I flash my BIOS to 1015 version with ASUS Update in OS.

I find a new problem of my computer. When I shut down the computer, the monitor will turn off but the CPU fan is still running and power LED is still ON. I have to press the power button for few second to get it to shut down. I tried to disable the fan overtime setting but the computer still can not shut down properly.

Some of Sabertooth Z77 owners got same issue too. Here is the thread of Sabertooth Z77 owners.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1246595/official-asus-sabertooth-z77-owners-thread-club/350
post #354, post #355 and post #363, they have same shut down issue with me.

When you get the new board use only EZ Flash to update, make sure system is 100% stable at stock settings. Maybe even use only one memory module to update UEFI. If there is EC update then let the board POST again and complete the update after UEFI is flashed.

AS for the shutdown issue, sounds like a driver problem: http://www.overclock.net/t/1246595/official-asus-sabertooth-z77-owners-thread-club/350#post_17219423