cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help minor stuff plz

avery2
Level 7
ok first off love this mb no real issues so far had little trouble with mem but with this forum got it straight i am running 4100fx with corsair 8gb 1866 vengence sapphire dirt3 6950 two ssd one ocz agilitly and other intel operating system is on the ocz agility3 6gb .

question i had set up the ssd with ocz with os on it on the port i guess would be 7 the one by itself looking up and other ssd intel in port 1 as when i look in bios that where it is and cdromm port 3 now when i boot up system the first thing pops up and it kinda goes realy fast but last line is reconize ocz agility 3 then does normall stuf and boots to window 7 64 now yesterday i was fiddlin (actualy myopenpc dragon tech bench came in) so when i moved all from desktop case to dragon i changed ocz to port 1 and second ssd intel to port 3 and cdrom to port 5 as all r in master now when i boot up it say none detected so it stil boots and runs win7 fine but has me puzzled as to why it doesnt find ocz like it did when was pluged in port 7 would it have to do with asmedia on port 7 or what i still learning so plz understan if i sound stupid thanks
2 REPLIES 2

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
You got it in one, the "device not detected" is the ASMedia SATA port. Since you have nothing plugged into it, it's not detecting anything. You can disable it if you don't need it in BIOS 🙂

HiVizMan
Level 40
You will find that by disabling those ports your system will boot to OS a little quicker.

And we have a policy here on ROG that there are no silly questions, and certainly no stupid questions, just silly answers. So you ask what ever it is you want to know about we all learn from those questions.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.