cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G75V 1 day of life, soft noise from fans

Retired
Not applicable
So dear sirs we have this problem. The Fan of the Asus G75 is turned on non stop. Even if it is spinning at low rpms, it is noticeable when I am in quiet rooms. Don't take me bad, the noise is soft , but there still exist, it's an humming noise, low tone, clearly from ball bearings.

Looking for a bios revision which definitively turn off the fans when the machine is not doing anything, like it was happening on my previous notebook, an alienware m17x r3. Don't tell me pleae that I have to have my machine always noisy!
25 REPLIES 25

Retired
Not applicable
up, looking for a reply.

Holy
Level 7
yes i have this slight noise but mine is not on all the time there are plenty of times it just sits there doing nothing. you have the bios updated to 207?
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

Retired
Not applicable
Yes, 207

Actually I am looking for some fan speed controlling software, for a temp fix. I repeat, it's not a problem, but it is just annoying that it stays always on at 1900-2000 rpm even when the machine is chilling cool.

Holy
Level 7
yea i agree but there will not be a software. Ive searched and all i have tried Have not worked.
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod

Retired
Not applicable
Oh not. There is a good software made here in Italy, but actually it supports the G75V "reading only". I have already contacted the author, giving him an hand to extend the support to the new RoG toy.

Holy
Level 7
Yea alot of programs will read the speeds but will not just them
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod

X-ROG
Level 15
I have forwarded this concern to the PM

Retired
Not applicable
Marshall, it is related to the GPU fan, which is always active and produces this low tone noise! Not the CPU, the gpu fan, I messed with the two fans dring the explanation. Thanks for your time.

PS: the ideal solution is a vBios that turns the fan off below the 55Celsius, or that uses a lower RPM on the fan when the machine is in IDLE mode, than the current rpms.

Holy
Level 7
Lol wow i would not like that vbios lol my gpu idles at 37-40 and barley hits 54 while gaming.
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod