cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Light Issue

Fezteeny
Level 7
Hey, its me again....I have another question that requires an answer. This just happene recently and its bothering me. The lcd screen is not allowing me to make the screen brighter. I hold the FN button and i press F6 but nothing happens. The screen goes a little bit brighter and the little icon shows up in the middle of the screen but after about a third of the way, it restarts itself and goes down back to normal. I dont wanna have to do anything drastic and id like help as soon as possible.

Thanks
-Fezteeny
12 REPLIES 12

Fezteeny
Level 7
Okay guys, no need to worry about it anymore...if any of you have had this problemo, then im pretty sure that you installed the microsoft office trial that came with the computer...all i did was system restore and Viola!!! the screen brightness can be changed!...and you seven people who read this but didnt reply, well i hope yours gets the same problem as mine.....lol

Fezteeny wrote:
you seven people who read this but didnt reply, well i hope yours gets the same problem as mine.....lol

This is a mixed user forum; many of us don't even own ASUS laptops. Even if we did what makes you think we would know how to fix it? I try to read the laptop threads on the off chance that I might be able to offer a solution but I'm not going to post "Hey I don't own your laptop and I don't have a clue what your problem is" just so you can account for the number of reads on your thread.

Perhaps those 7 people were already having a problem and hoping to find a solution here in your thread. Nice of you to wish problems on them.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
This is a mixed user forum; many of us don't even own ASUS laptops. Even if we did what makes you think we would know how to fix it? I try to read the laptop threads on the off chance that I might be able to offer a solution but I'm not going to post "Hey I don't own your laptop and I don't have a clue what your problem is" just so you can account for the number of reads on your thread.

Perhaps those 7 people were already having a problem and hoping to find a solution here in your thread. Nice of you to wish problems on them.

sigh..........you take this way to seriously......i was just kidding and by the way, it happend go me again, thats karma

Fezteeny wrote:
sigh..........you take this way to seriously......i was just kidding and by the way, it happend go me again, thats karma

YAY!!!!!!! I fixed it!!! I just pressed F9 during startup and formatted the darn thing......but its kewl now!!

xeromist
No worries, I'm not mad. Someone wrote the other day that this forum was worthless because their question wasn't answered. I was nipping what sounded like another entitlement rant in the bud.

Anyway, as you can see there is a lot more expertise needed of various types so don't let me scare you away. We need all of the combined brains we can get.

To add something constructive: you may want to look into the power settings. You can adjust the brightness of the monitor there I believe and it may be acting as an override.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

xeromist wrote:
No worries, I'm not mad. Someone wrote the other day that this forum was worthless because their question wasn't answered. I was nipping what sounded like another entitlement rant in the bud.

Anyway, as you can see there is a lot more expertise needed of various types so don't let me scare you away. We need all of the combined brains we can get.

To add something constructive: you may want to look into the power settings. You can adjust the brightness of the monitor there I believe and it may be acting as an override.

Uh....thanks for the reply and i wasnt going on no rave about the website...i was just joking around 🙂

Chastity
Level 10
You can also bring up the Windows Power Options (easiest way to get there is right-click power icon, Adjust Screen Brightness) and use the slider to adjust brightness. As for the original problem, installing the ATK Package should have fixed that.
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]

Okay, i right clicked the power option before and the brightness slider wouldnt go up at all...and one more thing, i have no idea what the ATK package is and what it does....hopefully i can get a little help on the subject.

Retired
Not applicable
At the very least, the ATK package provides the code that executes the functionality for the non-standard keystrokes (like function keys).

It probably also contains the code that does the cute little OSD graphics for some of the function key functions.