cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G53SX

JednaPiroga
Level 7
Hi guys!
For some time the screen on my G53SX started to flicker and show some wierd green fields of pixels, when moving the screen they would move around on the screen.

Yesterday i thought, well why not open the thing and look if there is any cables loose from the LCD panel to the Motherboard.
(I dont have any warranty left anyway)

I disasembels the laptop and i couldnt see anything wrong with the cables, put everything together and the laptop started as usuall but the screen didnt turn on at all. So i treid the HDMI port and no picture from there either.

I can hear that the widows starts and i was even able to start an mp3 song. I can shutdown the computer also with using of the keyboard.

So do you guys know what could be the problem? The HDMI port and Cable from LCD to Motherboard are quite far away from each other, why isnt the HDMI working?

If it was graphiccard issue wouldnt there be problems even starting the machine, (bios peep etc)

Specs

i5-2410Q
8GB ram
GTX560TI 2gbvram
ssd+hdd

Things that ive done to try to get it to life is, changing hdd, chanhing ram slots, reseting every cable. Tried to reset the computer by removing the battery on the moatherboard, holding the powerbutton for 30s and so on and so on..

Do you have any tips or conclusions for a poor guy like me 😞
Asus G75VW-T1019V
CPU Intel Core i7-3610QM
GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M 2GB
RAM 16 GB 1600mhz
HDD SSD Corsair F60 60gb + 750gb HDD 7200rpm
MONITOR 1920x1080 Matte finish
EXTERNAL SOUND CARD Creative Go
8 REPLIES 8

BrodyBoy
Level 10
You don't even get anything on-screen during BIOS post? And you can't get anything over HDMI? That, along with the rest of your description (a progressive video problem), suggests that the video card is going/gone bad. Yes, the HDMI port and the LCD cable are physically separate, but they both get their signal from the same source....your video card.

Yes it is just like you said, No picture AT ALL.
No signal to HDMI

Doesn anyone know where to buy a separate GTX560m?

Thank you for a fast answer!
Asus G75VW-T1019V
CPU Intel Core i7-3610QM
RAM 16 GB 1600mhz

Peregrine
Level 9
Have to ask the obvious. Do you have a FN key that turns the screen off?
BrodyBoy is correct but you are also correct that if the card were shot you would get some warning about that.
I know you tried HDMI but what about VGA out to a monitor???
Asus Z170X + Asus GeFroce GTX Turbo 1070 +... all kinds of Asus goodies. #Fanboi

You cannot get a separate GTX 560M, as the G53 uses a custom form factor :mad:. You best bet is to try and find a replacement--ouch.
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

Zygomorphic wrote:
You cannot get a separate GTX 560M, as the G53 uses a custom form factor :mad:. You best bet is to try and find a replacement--ouch.

The GTX560m is a modular card so I se no reason for a workshop to not be able to aquire a seperate GPU. But I cannot answer thet for shure.
Asus G75VW-T1019V
CPU Intel Core i7-3610QM
RAM 16 GB 1600mhz

JednaPiroga wrote:
The GTX560m is a modular card so I se no reason for a workshop to not be able to aquire a seperate GPU. But I cannot answer thet for shure.

Perhaps you could ask any ASUS Service Center for a replacement.
The GTX560M is of nVidia but the form is custom-built by ASUS.
ASUS G74SX-3DE

ok i will, thank you for the advice, although because me warranty is out, i've got the choice to leave it at a computer workshop that troubleshoots it for free, so im going to wait for a report from them, and then go ahead with the order if that is possible.
Asus G75VW-T1019V
CPU Intel Core i7-3610QM
RAM 16 GB 1600mhz

Peregrine wrote:
Have to ask the obvious. Do you have a FN key that turns the screen off?
BrodyBoy is correct but you are also correct that if the card were shot you would get some warning about that.
I know you tried HDMI but what about VGA out to a monitor???

Yea i have the FN key, i've tried that also but nothing works.
Although i did have some greenish flicker on the screen weeks before the monitor went black, so my money is on the GPU.
I havent tried VGA, im going to try it today.
Asus G75VW-T1019V
CPU Intel Core i7-3610QM
RAM 16 GB 1600mhz