UPDATE: 5/25/12 3:30:00 EST : I swapped out my 500 watt PSU with my friends 650 and the exact same problem happened. I also tried his RAM too.
I just got my parts for my new build and have not been able to POST. When I turn on the power, the power goes on for a second or two then powers off. Right before it powers off the CPU led flashes red. Here's a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...jHUZDf-4#t=32s
Things I've tried / been able to weed out:
1. Its not a short from the case: http://i.imgur.com/6ioFf.jpg
also note that I tried a video card from one of my older working builds in this picture, and the result was the same
2. I've tried all combinations of RAM
3. The power supply is good (I used the paperclip method): http://i.imgur.com/oZbuP.jpg
4. As noted, I tried the graphics card I bought for this build, and also one from a previous working build and the result was the same.
5. I checked the CPU, and none of the prongs are bent
6. There are fans connected to the CPU fan connections so it's not that.
I don't have another chip or another MOBO so I can't rule out either of those (at least I don't think I can).
I think my motherboard is the culprit though and need to RMA, but I thought I should post first (pun intended).
1. CPU - AMD FX-8120 Zambezi 3.1GHz Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-Core Desktop Processor FD8120FRGUBOX
2. MOBO - ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Gaming Motherboard with 3-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support and ...
3. MEM - Mushkin Enhanced Redline 12GB (3 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model 998982
4. VIDEO - EVGA 01G-P3-1561-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti FPB (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support FPB Video ...
5. POWER - Rosewill Stallion Series RD500-2DB 500W ATX12V Power Supply
Edit: I'd be happy to take more videos of anything if that would help.