cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G73JW A1 Keyboard Lag

Retired
Not applicable
I've been getting the keyboard lag/missing keystrokes on my new G73JW A1. I'm looking for a fix. All I seem to be able to find is a fix for the JH Series. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

Retired
Not applicable
I also have been getting the infamous and annoying keyboard lag.

Disabling the touchpad via bios fixes th problem, but that is just ridiculous for a brand new $1600 laptop.

Perhaps this issue is similar to the one affecting the JH model? But I have not seen anyone with a definitive fix for that model either.
I am still within 30 days of purchase, I love this thing other than the keyboard lag, its kind of a pain in the ass. Might have to send it back however if I cannot find a fix for this issue by then.

Also, any help greatly appreciated.

Wotanik
Level 7
Had it as well. I just disabled the touchpad from BIOS as I don't even need it.

Retired
Not applicable
Hey, I need some technical step by step advice. I uninstalled the synaptics driver from the device manager. It asked me if I wanted to delete it so I did because as I understood it it would reinstall automatically unless I deleted it. Now I cannot detect the touchpad upon which I can install the synaptics driver.

FYI I uninstalled and deleted the driver because my keyboard kept missing keytaps. Uninstalling the driver solved the problem but now I want the synaptics features back

Chastity
Level 10
OK... update your BIOS to the most recent, then boot up and install ATK Package 1.0.0008, then reinstall your Synaptics

there was an update with the BIOS + ATK to fix keyboard lag
[SIGPIC]Kicking Ass Since Today[/SIGPIC]