cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loud fan noise coming from right side of vent

Retired
Not applicable
hi. i own an asus-g73jh-x3 since october but lately, i hear loud fan noise coming from right side of the vent... even on idle. do i have to do something? before i was playing a game and the fan got louder and suddenly my laptop shut down and i had to restart. i think it overheat. please help! it was pretty quiet when i first got it though but now it's getting loud.

ty sorry for english is not my first language
6 REPLIES 6

xeromist
It may be the fan bearing going out. This can cause the fan to make noise and sometimes stop spinning. If it has a warranty then you should have it serviced. If not then you will want to replace it yourself.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
Sounds like an overheat to me. Take a look at your temps with something like HWiNFO32. If it's the right fan when you're facing the screen then it's the GPU temp...

Retired
Not applicable
i insert attachment of what my laptop is right now. its not seem bad? but the fan is louder than usual...

Retired
Not applicable
please help

Retired
Not applicable
billybobo325 wrote:
i insert attachment of what my laptop is right now. its not seem bad? but the fan is louder than usual...

Is that idle? Play a game for a few minutes with the HWiNFO sensors window open, then look at the max temps.

xeromist
My reply stands. It sounds like you are describing a failing fan bearing. If so then it is only a matter of time until it fails completely. You should have the laptop serviced if possible.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…