cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with USB 3.0 and Razer Naga Epic

kiba
Level 10
I have a regular razer naga that I've been using for years, the software for it works great for it on all of my laptops including the G75(strange). Since my gf started playing MMO's and learned on the mouse, I decided to give it to her and get a razer naga epic to replace it. The mouse works great, looks great etc... but the software which lets you customize the buttons, lighting colors and whatnot does not recognize the mouse, it says
"No Razer Naga connected. Application will close now."
I tried it with the dock, and also plugged the cord in directly, but still nothing. I installed the software on the desktop and also my other two laptops, and it works fine on all of them. Since the G75 has all USB 3.0 ports and the others have 2.0, I figured it might be a problem with that, but i dunno. I know that if I update the USB drivers they will go kaput on me so thats a no-go. The mouse works, like I said, I just cant customize the buttons, which I do for certain games on occasion, so its not an urgent issue, but any help would be, as always, much appreciated.
ROG Notebooks: G75VW, G74SX, & G73JH And a gaming rig.
21 REPLIES 21

kiba
Level 10
anybody have this mouse? or a similar issue?

Holy
Level 7
i would actually buy one and test but i would not receive it in time(going out of town for the summer thank god its hot in Texas)
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

have fun on your vacation, i wouldnt want you to buy a $120 mouse to have the same problem as me.

I had a similar issue using the Star Wars TOR Gaming Mouse on my G73. If I installed Synapse on other computers and connected the mouse it would work. If I tried to use it on my G73 it would not detect it. After hours of troubleshooting it I determined that it was a driver issue. I only got it to work by doing a fresh install of Windows.

How I determined it was a driver issue was I had another Star Wars TOR Gaming Mouse before this one that did not work at all after updating it. I think somewhere trying to uninstall Synapse after the bad updates something from Razer did not remove correctly which is why I was having trouble getting my new mouse to work.

The only reason I did a fresh install was because I had order the G75 and was waiting on it to arrive so I figured I would give it a shot. Being that it worked on all the other computers that I have here at home and at work and also when I did a fresh install. I think it was just a driver issue.

It would say that it had the Razer Common Driver installed but Synapse would not detect the mouse or dock and it still did not function. After the fresh install it worked fine and it worked fine when I plugged it up to my G75. I don't know if maybe there is an issue conflicting with it from the old Naga that you had. See if you can restore your computer to a point before you plugged up the Naga Epic and then uninstall synapse and try again. Maybe that will work. I didn't have much luck with Razer Support besides hem telling me to wait for updates to fix the problem.

Let me know how you make out. Good Luck!!

Jsl1ce wrote:
have fun on your vacation, i wouldnt want you to buy a $120 mouse to have the same problem as me.

what brand do you buy? ... Razer mamba mouse ???:confused:

Holy
Level 7
i also have a gaming desktop and a g73sw to try on lol
G75vw DS71
3610QM I7
16GB Ram 1600mhz
750GB+120GB(patriot pyro)
Nvidia gtx 660m
Purple Keyboard mod
Proud Owner of a GTX 660ti DC-II

dstrakele
Level 14
1) Did you see this page: http://help.razersupport.com/us-en/resolution.asp?sid=141156120605068099141211&pid=400000454&pnm=Raz...

It states:

Q: I downloaded Razer Synapse 2.0 and now when opening the configurator I receive an error saying that no mouse is detected.

A: Please be sure you are opening the Synapse 2.0 driver and not the traditional driver. Once you have download Razer Synapse 2.0 you should be using Razer Synapse as the exclusive driver interface for your Naga. You should not attempt to use the traditional driver once Synapse 2.0 is installed.

2) Have you installed the latest Razer Naga Epic firmware?

3) Otherwise, I think you are heading down the right track with USB 2.0 vs 3.0 support. Is it possible to enable "USB 2.0 Legacy Support" in the G75 BIOS?
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

I have the naga epic.

I did notice that even though windows said "successfully installed driver" it did not work until I installed the driver and app from razer.

Other than that it has worked flawless...man do I love this thing.

Marinesrule1980
Level 7
I have noticed that with the new driver it makes me log in to the mouse software to do any button programming.
Win 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit
CM HAF X Full Tower ATX
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
i7-3930K with IC diamond
Corsair H100 push/pull
AX1200 Pro Series Gold
OCZ Vertex 4 Indilinx 512GB
WD VelociRaptor 1TB 10k RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0gb 3.5
CORSAIR Dominator GT 32GB (4 x 8GB) CMT32GX3M4X1866C9
ASUS GTX680-DC2T-2GD5
ASUS VE278Q 27"
Creative SB recon3D