cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75 touchpad

LawHawk
Level 7
Hello. I'm new here. I just got a G75. I have two touchpad questions.

1. Two-finger scroll does not work for me very well. I would say that it works about 25% of the time I try to use it.

2. More importantly, for marital relations, my wife is apparently the last person on earth who still really likes right-side scroll rather than gesture or anything like that. I've been digging into the control panel and I can't figure out a way to enable this. Do I need a new driver? Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!
10 REPLIES 10

pilotmanion
Level 7
Bump..

Same deal here i hate the two finger scroll and for the life of me cant figure out how to change it

Zygomorphic
Level 17
LawHawk wrote:
Hello. I'm new here. I just got a G75. I have two touchpad questions.

1. Two-finger scroll does not work for me very well. I would say that it works about 25% of the time I try to use it.

2. More importantly, for marital relations, my wife is apparently the last person on earth who still really likes right-side scroll rather than gesture or anything like that. I've been digging into the control panel and I can't figure out a way to enable this. Do I need a new driver? Is there a way to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

Is it a synaptics touchpad? If so, go into Control Panel->Mouse->"Device Settings"->Settings (midway down on right). Select two-finger scrolling from tree list on left, and disable it.

Being the "last person on earth who still really likes right-side scroll" - Wrong!!! I actually prefer side-scrolling...your wife seems to know her way around tackpads! 🙂
I am disturbed because I cannot break my system...found out there were others trying to cope! We have a support group on here, if your system will not break, please join!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=16
We now have 178 people whose systems will not break! Yippee! 🙂
LINUX Users, we have a group!
http://rog.asus.com/forum/group.php?groupid=23

c_man
Level 11
Disable this and you are good to go with 2 finger scroll.

Or try to find a setting for it that works for you.

c_man wrote:

Thank you c_man....finally that touchpad is responsive...

Thank you
+ rep for that

c_man..

How the heck do you get to that touchpad config screen.. (Can`t type question marks or other special characters here for the moment it seems)

In my mouse Control Panel dialog, there is no `Device Settings`section anywhere. I remember initially configuring the touchpad using that dialog in the initial machine setup but have not been able to find it since.

The settings for the touchpad are on the systray (the set of icons near the clock on the desktop). If you cant see the little touchpad icon, click the up arrow on the left, then double click the touchpad icon to get to the settings

The problem with this solution is that the palm check is then disabled. It seems to me that the bottom line is that the touchpad and/or its software sucks. I don't understand why the would get rid of the side scroll feature.

c_man wrote:

Looks like I was able to answer my own question. Just go to the synaptics website and download the lasted driver. Issue solved.

Synaptics_v16_3_15_1_C_XP32_Vista32_Win7-32_XP64_Vista64_Win7-64_Signed_Acme_Inc was the latest driver at the time of this post.