cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some help needed dont know if CPU or Motherboard

joeelmex
Level 7
I was doing some testing finding to see if my OC was stable. I have an I7-950 OC to 4.1 GHz with a multi of 21 by 195 or so. Dont really remember, the exact numbers. It was just testing. I left running Lynx for 30 pass test, the CPU was reading only 89C so I was hmm toasty but still ok. I left to watch a movie. When I came back I found my compter powered on but with a black screen. I rebooted and nothing happens. The Asus formula boards light light up and such but no beeps. I do have a speaker hook up to it but it's not getting that far. I think it's between 2 things, fried board or fried CPU. I bought a new I7-950 today so hopefully that should do it. If not it must be the board. The computer has been running fine for about 6 months now. I just made some minor changes to the voltages to see if I can get it 4.1gig with turbo on.

Anyone see something like this before?

I did reset the mem, reset the CPU and same thing. I powered on with out CPU and did not get a beep. I remember some boards with beep constantly if it cant detect a CPU. tried powering on with no mem and same thing nothing. I get some lights on the start and off button work, the reset buttong works. Everything seems to be working but cant get the board to post. I am hoping i just fried the CPU. I will keep you posted.
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Have you tried using the BIOS switch on the corner of the board?
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Retired
Not applicable
What was your v core maxing out to? And you should no that never ever go over 80 DEGREES I dontcare what intel or anybody else says lol. 80 should be your revlimiter don't push it. Hope itsnot the cpu.