cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Charger Plus

waynes26
Level 7
Hi, Has anyone else had fun trying to use the USB ports to charge their phone with the laptop off. The only port that works on mine is the one closest to the front on the left hand side. I have the latest driver and had the phone connected to the laptop prior to shutting it down.

Any thoughts????
G75vw-91132v 🙂
i7 3610QM
16 GB SDRAM
GTX 670M
17.3" FHD 3D LED Backlight
1x 240gb Intel 520 1x 1TB 5400rpm
9 REPLIES 9

Arvinaaaaa
Level 7
waynes26 wrote:
Hi, Has anyone else had fun trying to use the USB ports to charge their phone with the laptop off. The only port that works on mine is the one closest to the front on the left hand side. I have the latest driver and had the phone connected to the laptop prior to shutting it down.

Any thoughts????

ya..it is normal, inly 1 usb ports supports usb charging while laptop cloce, if you can see the icons of the ebc on your laptop, 1 posrt has different logo than the other..correct me if im wrong 🙂

Arvinaaaaa
Level 7
the different logo usb port is on the right(same side with display port, hdmi port etc etc) the first usb port 🙂

waynes26
Level 7
Thanks, I get it now, should have read page 20 of the manual, good pick up.
G75vw-91132v 🙂
i7 3610QM
16 GB SDRAM
GTX 670M
17.3" FHD 3D LED Backlight
1x 240gb Intel 520 1x 1TB 5400rpm

waynes26 wrote:
Thanks, I get it now, should have read page 20 of the manual, good pick up.

anytime bro

There are different parameters for Different USB ports. Mostly the Port which is primary (like in your case works for external output supply.. It's all fine.

-----------------------------
usb hub

Having difficulties with USB carger plus:

I have

• installed latest usb 3 driver
  • installed latest version of usb charger plus
  • fiddled with changing instant on on/off (no change)

I at one stage got to USB charger plus settings but have never been able to find it since. I've mucked around with this for quite some time now and figure it's something I'm doing wrong. I am well aware that only the usb located on the front right is the charger usb.

Please Help!!!!

dstrakele
Level 14
On my G74SX, Ai Charger Plus is one of the hidden icons in the Windows 7 System Tray. Right-click on it and it should give you the option to configure it.
G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

bigbadsteve
Level 7
Posting here way after the topic was started for the benefit of others.

Asus software, like the drivers they write, is frequently buggy, and usually only updated for a few months after a computer's manufacture date, when it's frequently still buggy.

All the local Asus rep could tell me about Asus USB Charger Plus when quizzed during their short free-advice-after-purchase period was, "Oh, you're better off leaving all our supplied software running." I've learnt since from sad experience that this is about the opposite of the actual reality.

Asus USB Charger Plus is buggy. Here's a screencap of the program's options:

Looks like the it might be handy, if you could actually change options. But left, double-left and right clicks on the program icon in the system tray all get no response. The options window popped up only once in the 1.5 years I've had it running (and clicked in hope periodically). As also experienced by Mr Moonwalker above (no it wasn't your fault mate). Oh, and there's no newer version at the Asus website, reinstalling it didn't help, the program doesn't get a mention in my laptop's manual, and it has no help file provided with it (at least Asus is consistent).

For those who for some strange reason want to keep running USB Charger Plus, the default settings are both options ticked, and Threshold Limit at 25%, if they happen to be what you want maybe it's of some use to you. Though since it charges devices faster, which is harder on batteries, it will wear them out faster.

Fortunately plugpacks for USB-powered devices are cheap, compact and lightweight, so there's no need to rely on this piece of unreliable Asus crapware while travelling.

Some nice 'gee whiz' spin from Asus here on what seems to be the program under a previous name (trying to escape a bad rep?). And a user instruction, yay! Err... "To enable the charge function under S3, S4, S5 mode, make sure your... device is well connected to PC under S0 first." Yeah, I'll be sure to spend hours googling power modes and fiddling with BIOS settings so this crappy program can still not work properly.

Just uninstall it. I won't be buying Asus next time round, their sleep/hibernation works poorly on my laptop too, hanging, bluescreening or failing to boot about every second time, which I've learnt since purchase Asus are renowned for. They should test what they write properly.

Funny my hot usb port work with the computer turned off. I don't have the Charge Plus installed, I think there was a setting in the BIOS to keep it hot with NB turn off?. I had issues with USB 3.0 removing the Asus Charger Plus ended those problems. this goes back 18 months or so I just never needed so didn't install it after a clean install of 8.1
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro