cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Ati Drivers

Retired
Not applicable
Hello Everybody

This is a question for every owner g73jh, i would like to know if its a good choice updating catalyst driver to the newest version from Ati web page , i have red that is not recommended using any other that the ones from asus homepage (which have not been updated since january´s 2010.)

In thread "G73 Series Driver and Application Reference" seems that the recommended version is 11.02, is this right?

thank you in advance and Sorry about my english. Im spanish XD
4 REPLIES 4

TheOriginalTO
Level 7
I have heard people say that the stock 9.12 or the 10.1 or the 10.10e or 10.12 RC3 or 11.2 are the best.

9.12 / 10.1 are most stable
10.10e are cool i guess
10.12 RC3 are good if you have problems with 11.2
11.2 are the best out if you have no problems i believe.
You Heard It From - ']['he (())riginal - ']['.(()).

Retired
Not applicable
yes but before you update I would recommend updating your Vbios first....to avoid any problems

Retired
Not applicable
So if i want any driver different from the stock version, i must update Vbios for avoid problems.

Till now i haven´t got any problems of gsod or similiar, i´m only thinking about changing drivers if it means better performance.

Anyway thanks for your answers.

You might notice a performance increase in some games. I actually had one game that wouldn't even launch with the stock drivers. It would crash during a hardware detection routine. But you have to do the vBios update before you update the drivers or you will get the GSOD.