Did you mean: 

M5F Hybrid Thermal Solution Compatibility List

X-ROG
Level 15
12 REPLIES 12

Tyrus_Ashkar
Level 7
Hi,

EK have a new waterblock " EK-Supremacy" and is Fusion Thermo compatible now : http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-supremacy-acetal.html

The link is for yhe acetal version, but all version are compatible.
Chassis : NZXT Phantom White/Red Edition
PSU : Cooler Master Silent Pro M - 850 W
CPU : Intel 3750k @ 4.6GHz Vcore 1.250
RAM : 4x4Go Corsair Vengeance 1866 Mhz
Mobo : Asus Maximus V Formula
GPUs : New !!!! Asus GTX 670 DirectCU2 OG
Cooling : EK and XSPC home made liquid cooling for CPU only
Internal SSD : Samsung 830 128Go
Internal HDD : WD Vélociraptor 300 Go ( for games )
Internal HDD : 2 x 2To WD Green Caviar ( Raid 1 )
Monitor : Hyundai Hyundai - W220D TFT 22"

Tyrus Ashkar wrote:
Hi,

EK have a new waterblock " EK-Supremacy" and it's "Fusion Thermo" compatible now : http://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-supremacy-acetal.html

The link is for the acetal version, but all versions are compatible.

So you can add it to the list ....
I edit my own post because I have an account password's problem since the update with asus.member account, so "Tyrus Ashkar" = "Tyrus" simply ....
| NZXT Phantom White/Red chassis | Win 7 x64| Phenom II 940 BE @ 3.6 | Home made liquid cooling for CPU | SLI - GTX460 MSI HAWK / Cyclone | WD Vélociraptor 300 Go / Black caviar 500 Go | Hyndai 22" monitor | Under conctruction : IB I5 3570k | Maximus V Formula ( waiting .... ) |

X-ROG
Level 15
Thanks I let them know to add it! 🙂

X-ROG
Level 15
ASUS ROG Creates and Launches Patent-Pending Fusion Thermo™ Design

World’s first hybrid heatsink combines air and water cooling readiness on Maximus V Formula motherboards, as recommended by leading vendors of liquid cooling kits
Making its first appearance on the ASUS ROG Maximus V Formula gaming and overclocking motherboard, Fusion Thermo™ combines enhanced passive air heat dissipation with liquid cooling readiness. It represents another ROG exclusive, and the first such design on any commercially-available motherboard. ASUS has applied for a Fusion Thermo™ patent, and the feature has garnered official endorsement from ten of the most renowned makers of liquid cooling hardware, including Swiftech® and EKWB. Fusion Thermo™ offers customers the utmost thermal flexibility and efficiency for intense gaming, overclocking, and case modding.

Patent-pending Fusion Thermo™ debuts
Maximus V Formula first introduced Fusion Thermo™ at ASUS Z77 global seminars in February, showcasing the world’s first design of its kind. It consists of a premium aluminum heatsink, which expedites heat removal beyond the capabilities of standard materials. Inside, a high-efficiency heatpipe conducts temperatures away from CPU VRMs for enhanced stability, providing excellent performance in typical air-cooled setups. The key aspect of Fusion Thermo™ is its hybrid design, embedding an all-copper water channel within the heatsink alongside the heatpipe. It is therefore equally efficient for air cooling as it is in water cooling, so that customers are ready for both for greater thermal efficiency and flexibility. On each end of Fusion Thermo™, electroplated barbs can easily connect to liquid cooling setups, which are made simpler with less hardware modification and faster installs. ROG tests show that Maximus V Formula with Fusion Thermo™ operates 30% cooler when fitted with a Swiftech® H20-320 Edge water cooling kit compared to passive dissipation, and 20% cooler than passive heat removal when equipped with an H30 360 water cooling kit from EKWB. ASUS has applied for a Fusion Thermo™ patent, owing to the feature being a world exclusive that has been entirely designed in-house.

Recommended by the world’s leading water cooling vendors
Based on independent tests and usage, ten of the most established providers of liquid cooling systems have officially endorsed Fusion Thermo™. They are EKWB, Swiftech®, Thermaltake, Zalman, Alphacool, Aquacomputer, XSPC, Koolance, Bitspower, and Watercool.de. All praise Maximus V Formula for its advanced features and accommodation of a hybrid air and water cooling design, and for Fusion Thermo’s high degree of compatibility with their products.

Additional details about Fusion Thermo can be found at this link:

http://rog.asus.com/technology/republic-of-gamers-motherboard-innovations/fusion-thermo/

Vendors react to Fusion Thermo
“We’re very excited to see ROG, as the world’s leading gaming motherboard brand, developing a flexible hybrid design such as Fusion Thermo for its products, which in turn will help bring the full benefit of water cooling to more PC enthusiasts globally”, said Gabriel Rouchon, Swiftech® Chairman.

“As a company who is offering the widest product range for ASUS models, we found that installing a water cooling kit is much easier on the ROG Maximus V Formula with ROG’s Fusion Thermo, which therefore helps our products reach a wider audience. It has also proven highly compatible with our designs, and much more efficient than conventional cooling in terms of lowering temperatures for better system stability and overclocking potential”, commented Edvard König, EKWB Managing Director.

Thanks for the list! I noticed that the Thermaltake Big Water 760 Plus is part of the list, which is great because I can get it on Newegg.

Does anyone actually have any experience using the Thermaltake Big Water 760 Plus with the Maximus V Formula? If not, does anyone have any experience installing a water cooling system on the Maximus V Formula?

I came accross a Thermaltake Big Water 760 review on Newegg that mentioned that he couldn't get the cooling system to work with the Maximus V Formula.

jwspamacc wrote:
Thanks for the list! I noticed that the Thermaltake Big Water 760 Plus is part of the list, which is great because I can get it on Newegg.

Does anyone actually have any experience using the Thermaltake Big Water 760 Plus with the Maximus V Formula? If not, does anyone have any experience installing a water cooling system on the Maximus V Formula?

I came accross a Thermaltake Big Water 760 review on Newegg that mentioned that he couldn't get the cooling system to work with the Maximus V Formula.

His case sounds too small as the BW760 needs about 2-3" space (I guess) between the 5.25" bays and the motherboard to connect the pipes. This problem would be the same even if he wasn't using the M5F, as every board as memory slots in the same place.

PlaneName
Level 10
I never tried water cooling or buy a great air cooling fan (using stock fan) but this information about the Fusion Thermo look's very promising and interesting. I'm saving up allot of money this year and hopefully I save enough to get the Maximus V Formula + i7-3770K. If not I always can get an i5-2500k for my next upgrade. Thanks for updating us!
Case: Antec 300 Mini Tower Motherboard: GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 (rev1.3) CPU: i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO GPU: GIGABYTE GTX 560ti (950mhz) RAM: G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 @ 1600mhz PSU: Corsair CX 750 Driver: 320.00
Been building PC's for 8 Years! 😉

Ricson
Level 7
Hi a fairly random question. Will the Fusion Thermo block fit the Maximus IV Extreme-Z. I think I can find one from people who have converted their Motherboards to full blocks I'd like to get one and slap it on my motherboard... I prefer the fusion thermo over the full blocks so I can preserve the motherboard's theme and water cool it at the same time.

Thanks

what happen to the list? is the link broken or something?